On another thread, there was some discussion concerning the fact that some members may not have seen what linotype ingots look like. I took some pictures of some of my ingots, I realize there may be dozens or even hundreds of ingot variations, but these represent what I have seen over my years of casting.

This pic shows the crystaline surface of some broken ingot ends, and the semi-circular and triangular profile:

Here are some full ingots. The lifting loops are broken off on the triangular ingots, but are still in place on the rectangular ones:

The rectangular ingots are marked "K 10" for 10 kilograms. 10 kilograms is about 22 pounds, but these actually weigh 29 pounds each. This picture shows the weight stamped in the surface:

Here is an oddity, and some broken pieces of various sizes. The oddity is the rectangular sheet on the right. It's about 3/4" thick, 12" long, and 9" wide. It weighs 32 pounds:

Linotype is easy to reduce into smaller pieces. It breaks just like a piece or cement or ceramic when struck with a hammer.

I hope these are useful and interesting to you, feel free to use them if you like.