Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 6.5 Grendel mold for AR's, GC 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer HP

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago

MiHec 6.5 Grendel mold for AR's, GC 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer HP

MiHec 6.5 Grendel mold for AR's, GC 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer HP.
    This is a new boolit design. This will be a two or four cavity cramer brass GC HP mold that is suitable for the 6.5 Grendel AR rifles, but it may be used in the commercial 6.5 caliber rifles. It will cast at 0.266" with a 0.257" nose. This fits an Alexander Arms chamber as per the OP on the discussion thread. The weight is as shown on the drawing dependent on your alloy of choice.

The following is the GB discussion thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?176268-Any-interest-in-a-264-6-5mm-mold

We will need fifteen to commit to this. We will run this until we get the number we need or more.

Pins choices are: 1) standard HP pin shown on drawing or 2) blank pins for a flat nose or in the case you don't want HP pins sticking out the mold.

For the two cavity mold, the price is $90 with one set of pins. Extra pin sets are $8 each if wanted plus $15 shipping.

For the four cavity mold, the price is $120 with one set of pins. Extra pin sets are $16 each if wanted plus $20 shipping.

Prices are unconfirmed at the present time and subject to revision by MiHec.

Sequence of events: Participants order molds and are placed on the list, the Group Buy will close (which will be posted on the thread) at some time determined by MiHec, the molds are made from the orders on the list at the time it is closed or by altering what you want via PM to MiHec after it's closed. Extra molds should be available... order them by PM to MiHec. Invoices will be sent out via e-mail from the listed addresses and you pay by using Paypal...... It is my understanding the invoice will be in Euros which Paypal converts from Euros to dollars. After you pay, the mold gets shipped.

Prices are somewhat variable due to the exchange rate.... be aware of this.

Please list: your Forum name, your e-mail address in suitable disguised form, the number of 2 or 4 cavity molds you want and the pin options you want.

1. gamedog53.....Gamedog53 at gmail dot co.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    2. wiersy111.....wiersy111 at gmail dot com.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    3. MrBogey.....my username at gmail.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    4. midnight.....rwhyte at wi dot rr dot com.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    5. Smoke4320.....smoke at paintballkingdom dot co.....One 2 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    6. Greg.....kratzner (at) charter (dot) net.....One 2 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    7. Jose.....clean6atcomcastdotnet.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with the standard HP pins
    8. xacex.....rogue_diabloatyahoodotcom.....One 2 cavity with the standard hollow point pins
    9. bkbville.....RK one three zero eight eight at yahoo.....One 2 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    10. Twstanley.....twstanley at gmail dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    11. alha.....snowserver (a*t) hotmail DOT com.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    12. NordicG3K.....nordic-g3k at bren-ten dot com.....One 2 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    13. Ramslammer.....need e-mail address.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with the standard HP pins
    14. jeremiah.allen1.....jeremiah(dot)allen1553(at)gmai l(dot)com.....One 4 cavity cramer mold with both pins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Grendel.jpg  
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 01-26-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Ill take a four cavity mold with both hollow point and blank pins
    Gamedog53 at gmail dot com
    Last edited by gamedog53; 06-04-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Boolit Buddy

I will take a four cavity with both hollow point and blank pins.
    wiersy111 at gctel dot net
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy
    GregP42 I will take a two cavity with hollow and blank. I will start saving now for it. gregp at stdio dot com
    NRA Life Member
    "Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety." - Ben Franklin, 1776
    Vis Sis Mis!

Boolit Master

Put me down for one four cavity mold with the standard HP pins and blank pins. rwhyte at wi dot rr dot com.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Vendor Sponsor

Smoke4320 I will take a two cavity with hollow and blank
    smoke at paintballkingdom dot com
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I’ll take a

2 cavity mould with both; HP pins, and blank pins for solid

kratzner (at) charter (dot) net
    God Bless ya'll
    Greg

Je suis Charlie

"You can observe a lot by watching."- Yogi Berra

Shooters Talk Refugee

Boolit Mold
    Jose. 1 ea 4 cavity option 1 on pins clean6atcomcastdotnet

Boolit Master
    xacex.....rogue_diabloatyahoodotcom.....One 2 cavity with the hollow point pins only (1)

Boolit Buddy

Nothing new???
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy
    I'll take a 2 cavity HP + blank pins

RK one three zero eight eight at yahoo

Thank You!

Thread Updated................

Boolit Mold
    Ok, registered for this. I'll take 4 cavity. both pins.

email is my username at gmail.

Boolit Buddy
    How accurate will this be at range?

Grendel is is a long distance boolit.

Quote Originally Posted by wacki View Post
    How accurate will this be at range?

Grendel is is a long distance boolit.
    Like anything else, it depends on YOUR SKILL LEVEL in what you choose in casting and loading for it in the platform used. As noted in several threads on this site, some can and some can't. I shoot a lot of cast in semi autos (I've been doing that for well over 35 years) at long range with results that others say is BS. What you know or don't know either makes or breaks you in any game.

Boolit Buddy
    Debating.......

can you link to a thread showing off your best long distance shots with cast boolits? Thanks
    Last edited by wacki; 06-21-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wacki View Post
    Debating.......

can you link to a thread showing off your best long distance shots with cast boolits? Thanks
    There was a good thread around here by Starmetal who I believe achieves a pretty good example of the kind of accuracy you can get from a cast boolit at long distances. As I recall 45.2.1 had a part in that success. The loading practices are for very experienced reloaders, and not recommended for someone who cannot follow specific instructions, but Starmetal was able to kill a milk jug at 300 yards with a 6.5 Swede if that is any indication of what is possible out of a long range cast boolit. I am not saying that this boolit will make it easy to do the same, but if you are willing to spend time working through a load methodically there is no reason why you cannot achieve long range accuracy with a cast boolit as well. I have high hopes that someday, with this boolit I may achieve enough accuracy to match what Starmetal accomplished, but with standard loading practices, and a 6.5 Grendel AR rifle. We will see....I do not have my graduate level reloading, secret decoder ring yet.
    Last edited by xacex; 06-22-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    We will see....I do not have my graduate level reloading, secret decoder ring yet.
    It took him a little over two months to learn how to do that. As for any rings, I've never got one either, so they don't exist. Women almost always follow instructions.... men do not until they run out of options to try... any option except for the instructions. PM me if you want to know more. Hitting a milk jug at 300 yards is really no trick at all and one can still be seen at 600 yards.

Boolit Buddy

Can you update my email to wiersy111 at gmail dot com

Boolit Buddy

I can't believe this is going to flop because another member decided to make a similar version of this boolit after 45 2.1 did all the work. This could have been a very good GB if others would have worked together rather than watch the information grow then open a competitive GB. I think I have lost my faith in this community and forum, it is no longer what is best for the group but rather what is best for certain individuals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast