Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chose the Wrong Delivery Option with Midway

Boolit Master

Chose the Wrong Delivery Option with Midway

I have always had prompt service when dealing with Midway. I have been anxiously been waiting for my RCBS LAM and following the tracking. Somehow, I inadvertantly clicked on UPS to USPS for final delivery. I tracked my package to the Indianapolis (Lawrence) Post Office and imagine my suprise when I saw that it had been delivered on May 29 back to Midway in Columbia, MO.

I'm not a big fan of the US Post Office and neither is my family. I had a brother fall victim to criminal misdirection of the Mail by a Postal employee a couple of years ago. The Postal employee opened a Post Office Box next to his with a very similar and fictious company name and diverted my brother's business checks to other box. Needless to say it was a financial burden. Me? I have a pile of about 600 recently cast bullets just waiting to be lubed and sized.

Hopefully, Midway will get my order back out and set that delivery option apart from the others with a warning.

In Remembrance
    I am pretty much the other way around, I will not hardly deal with any company that will not use usps. For all it's faults, it is usually the most reliable.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I am pretty much the other way around, I will not hardly deal with any company that will not use usps. For all it's faults, it is usually the most reliable.

No USPS option, no purchase.

Same applies to Gunbroker...I will not bid on a firearm if the seller does not use priority mail.

Moderator Emeritus

USPS here too, UPS dumped a package at my house last week that wasn't mine. Front door was unlocked but he dumped it on the steps in the rain... no bag around it. Address it was supposed to go to was opposite end of town. I am the last house on the east side of town, how he thought my address was west...

Boolit Buddy
    Well at least it made it back to Midway and I'm sure they are more than happy to make it right

Boolit Grand Master

At least they state what the option is. I thought I ordered UPS from Brownell's but it's that UPS to USPS garbage. So instead of receiving the parts on Friday I hope to receive them tomorrow. Of course the tracking number stops working when the package was dropped off at the post office. I know it depends on where you live. But I can't stand the USPS and understand why companies don't offer their service. They are good for envelopes, not parcels.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    They are good for envelopes, not parcels.
    Total B.S.

USPS here .... the other two -- UPS & FedEx -- continue to let me down time after time ...

It must vary by region. Around here, UPS or FedEx is the way to go. USPS, notsomuch. The so-called 'Smart Post' option, with final delivery by USPS, always adds an extra 3-5 days or so to the delivery time, during which the package cannot be tracked. I suspect that due to my location, the delivery must have to backtrack at some point due to the handoff.

I've never had an issue with ANY carrier delivering parcels damaged, dripping, or dislocated, just delayed. Delivery speed and tracking are the deciding factors for me.

...And price. I still have small orders shipped 1st class mail. And FRB's for sending heavy stuff, of course.
    Last edited by Cmm_3940; 06-03-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently received an order from Midway myself. I dont know if it was poor packaging or mishandling of the package but there were a few things missing. I contacted Midway and since it was shipped by UPS they filed a claim. They asked me to keep the box in case UPS wanted to see it. I never heard from UPS but Midway said UPS closed the investigation and Midway was reshipping my missing items. It was a first for me but I have heard lots of stories about UPS and USPS when it comes to damaged packages.

I will not use ups. The last time I dealt with a ups employee I had a very difficult time restraining myself. I will not ever again use or accept anything from ups, and hope they fall off the earth.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Buddy
    The smart post is a FedEx shipping that has USPS final delivery. I sell on eBay and will never use Ups again. I paid $8 to ship a baseball bat and a week after it arrived I get an email stating I had been charged another 4 $ fuel surcharge. This is after I weighed and measured my package and purchased the shipping from Ups online. Total bs. The post office gets all of my shipping now. They give free boxes and never charge any extras.

In Remembrance
    I don't know about varying by region, I get stuff from all over the country and have the best results as long as it will fit in a flat rate box with usps by far. If it won't fit in a flat rate box, it is ususlly cheaper to order it from a local company and let them get it in on a regular stock order, it just takes longer sometimes.

Boolit Master
    I think the transfer is the problem for me and it does appear your location has a lot to do with the best option. I am in a metro area so any choice I make should be within the capabilities of any service. Whenever possible, I send letters from any Post Office except the one who delivers my mail.

Boolit Grand Master

I use USPS whenever I can. My packages that come to my house via UPS are beat up pretty bad. FedEx is not too bad but still prefer USPS.

I did not know about the UPS to USPS thing with Midway and the horse must have been very tired. Took almost 2 weeks for the package to get to me. Midway did not seem the least bit concerned about it.

Boolit Master

I have used Midway, and much prefer the USPS delivery. 4 days, and it is in my hands. UPS, on the other hand, is 7 days. And if you get caught on the weekend holiday, it's 9 days. I know, I'm impatient. But when I want something, I want it. Something about a short attention span. There is this one order I got in that took too long, and I still can't remember what I ordered it for. Checked my account, and I did order that item. Now, if I could only remember why....................

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I really prefer USPS. I too, have had UPS and FedEx drivers dump packages on the nearest address to my mailbox. I live down a long driveway (350 feet) and they find it easier to just leave it on the steps of any of the houses on the streetfront nearest my mailbox.... and I don't live in a nice neighborhood.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    ...They are good for envelopes, not parcels.
    I've had good luck with USPS but this year a birthday card arrived, obviously ripped open. Also I sent a money order to another forum member last month and he said the envelope had been opened prior to arrival, MO was still there though.

On another note, Fedex now has flat rate boxes. (not sure if this is a new thing or not)
    https://www.fedex.com/us/onerate/

I gave up on midway unless its free shipping.

Other then that its Walmart. Free to house.

Or cabeals free to store.

Who knew Walmart sold reloading stuff via planet optics but all with free shipping.

I hate the game.

Boolit Buddy

Chose the Wrong Delivery Option with Midway

I got a "free shipping weekend" email from Midway last weekend. I've been wanting a different barrel for an 870 12 ga, so found one at a good price, click click and I'm done. Dang it! I just paid $15 in shipping because I didn't enter the secret code from the email. Oh well, I guess that's what happens with shopping online before my second cup of coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast