Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw the 327 Maggie

Boolit Master

Outlaw the 327 Maggie

I can see why Ruger dropped the 327 maggie, actually it should be outlawed, this thing is one bad dude!
    I've been giving mine a pretty good workout, testing bullets & blasting Rock Chucks & Ground Squirrels & it doesn't take any prisoners. Lock one down with a cylinder (8) full of 135 gr. Ferminator Hp's & its a crime to even use one on varmints. I'm just stunned everytime I whack something with this little missle, its cruel on flesh.
    After getting permisson to hunt some new farms I slipped out today & it wasn't very long until it was abusing some of these barley munching varmints that plague souteast Idaho. Any place there's barely or Alfafa you will see the mass destruction they cause to the farmers & ranchers. What I needed today was some back up, Callshot was in church & I had to go it alone.
    I'm running the Ferminator about 1250 fps, some are pushing it much faster & doing it safely. I choose to follow the accuracy & this little mini blaster is about as tough on critters as any revolver I've ever used & I've been taking Rock Chucks for over 55 years.
    This is a couple of the Ground Squirrel holes that litter these mountain pastures.

Today I was hunting in maybe 2,000 acres of cow pasture & I could stand next to one of these holes & take as few as one step & no more than 10 steps & be standing next to another one. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of these in all the pastures. Its a nightmare for cattle, horses & sheep.

My 8 shot 327 maggie with Amboyna Burl stocks that I made, this little gem is just about as fun as it gets with a revolver.

As I approached a lava reef I spotted a young Rock Chuck eye balling me from about 15 yds away but before I could draw down on him he took off & he had a buddy hot on his trail. One of them stopped at 52 yds, facing me, bad mistake, the Ferminator HP took his whole head off & scattered it among the sagebrush behind him. His buddy crawled up on an old stump at 58 yds & the HP went through his head & blew half his body away, flipping him 2 feet off the stump. I was amazed a the carnage. This is the 2 victims, along with my ever present Barranti shoulder rig.

This is what I live for on these hunts, the old homesteads, they are everywhere. A neighboring farmer came up the road & told me his folks had lived in this old house starting back in 1916 & farmed this ground with a team of horses.

This old wood stove was sitting inside, I sure wish it could talk!

He told me in the 40's his folks got electricity & in the 50's they got this tractor.

You're looking at some of the best trout fishing in the west & not a Utah fisherman in sight, yippee!

This Ground Squirrel was almost turned inside out from the Ferminator HP, the hawks will eat good tonight!

You can see the black cows in the background by the fence. I shot several squirrels here, ran out of 327 ammo & finished off 3 more with the M&P on my hip.

Several hundred acres of Ground Squirrel heaven.

Dick

Looks like a wonderful place to live.

Boolit Buddy
    man you have a sweet sweet spot to hunt there! nice gun too!

how much for the tractor?
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Banned

Good shooting, and a beautiful place to be, to boot!

Boolit Master

Great shooting is the stove for sale, when I co.e to get it I'll bring you some .327 brass and maybe you could take me to a spot where we could shoot some vermin I've got a project heavy bullet mouse fart load nagant that's dying fer some live test medium.

Nice shooting and great looking revolver. Beautiful country.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Master
    Dick would sure like to shake yer hand some time.
    The 327 mag I have not played with. I am a 32-20/30-20 junkie. The 327 is what the the 32 mag should have been from the get go IMHO. I have my buckeye up and running with a very similar looking flat nose that drops at 140-145 depending on alloy. It is running an honest 1500 out of the 6 1/2 barrel. This buckeye has an odd story and took me 20+ years to get it. I had played with a tc barrel in the mean time and had a pretty good idea of what the 32-20 could do in a modern designed gun.
    Am planning on whacking a deer this year with it. I try to keep the dumb ones thinned out.
    Jeff

I've been threatening the family with a move to Idaho, every time I see pictures of the place it makes me want to pack up and make the trip. Too bad there's varmint chunks everywhere now, daggumit.

Looks like you had fun, I am jealous.
    Sully

Boolit Grand Master
    Man Dick you are livin the dream
    always look forward to your adventures
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

I have a 327 mag myself and it is a BH and love it and you can also shoot total of 5 different carts. in it.I have .I am also haven a rifle being made to shoot the 327 and also the other carts the same as the one in the BH. Nice to see what you got I got in the 2 group buys for the 32 HPs and looking forward to use them .Thank you for shearing.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I can't take my eyes off of those grips! Very nice work! I love my .32 mag and have considered the .327. You put it in front of me again so now I'm thinkin....my birthday's only 9 months away.

Boolit Master
    I also built a pair of those for a Judge over in Arizona, he's pretty proud of them on his 44 maggie.

Dick

That brings back all of memory's I went to school in Rexburg

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mpbarry1 View Post
    how much for the tractor?

How much indeed!!! I wonder if those folks have any idea how much that thing would bring here in Tn??? The tractor collectors would fight over that thing!

Boolit Buddy

Mighty fine shootin' on those varmints- Well Done! I love that high desert farming country, north of Shoshone, on the Burma Road- Lots of old homesteads still standing, crawling with 'chucks and squirrels- You've done right to check in for permission first- the locals are very cool, unless you tresspass! Mind your manners and have a ball! Those 32cal revolvers are just right for vermin in my opinion- been using an old 32S&W Long for years now, wishin' I didn't trade off my S&W 32H&R-
    Great story and pics! Keep them coming!!
    Chuck 358wcf

Boolit Master
    43PU, I also went to school in Rexburg when it was Ricks College, played football & basketball there in 1963, long time & go & quite a few pretty girls.

I know where there are a couple more of those old tractors, pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if they could be bought quite reasonable.

Dick

great pics and carnage thanks for the post!
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Buddy

Very nice grips on the wheel gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Now that is the BEST way to give a Range Report. Very well done at ever level. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us!