Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A.C.E. Co. 246-105 FN GC

Boolit Buddy

LAST CALL -- A.C.E. Co. 246-105 FN GC

UPDATE 9-17-14 : LAST CALL........The tooling has arrived for this mold. The mold maker has two molds to cut ahead of this one. Final closure will take place when this mold's turn on the machine is up. Therefore, this buy is in last call status for the interim.

UPDATE 7-29-14 : Tooling for this mold is in the order process. Final closure to mold requests is projected for approximately one month.

This offering is for a heavy .243/6mm projectile. Design was a community effort. Thanks to Bullshop and 338RUM. Dimensions are targeted for the .243 with the following considerations:

- obtain a checked and lubed weight of approximately 105 gr

- meplate of approximately 50%

- keep all lube grooves and as much of the gas check as possible in the neck

- provide a long, tapered bore ride to support the necessarily long nose

- keep the ballistic coefficient as high as possible

Though designed for the .243, this projectile should be equally suited for 6mm rifles.

Molds will be cut by A.C.E. Co. (Joshua Holtschneider, aka 338RemUltraMag) with the following options:

2 cavity - $55.00
    4 cavity - $100.00
    6 cavity - $125.00

Milling of cavities for plain base is available for an additional $10.00 if cut in the same mold.

A Lyman style top punch is available with each mold for an additional $5.00.

Block material will be 7075-T6 aluminum and will accept Lee 6 cavity handles (not included).

We will keep this buy open for A.C.E.’s standard 8 weeks unless longer is necessary to reach the 15 mold minimum. A.C.E. requires 4 to 6 weeks after close of the buy to produce the molds. Payment will be due to A.C.E. when molds are ready to ship and is payable via personal check (ship upon clearance), money order or PayPal (plus 3% of total to cover fees).

Shipping cost will be $6.00.

A list of orders will be maintained in post #2 of this thread. Please post your orders in this thread. Include in your order post the number of cavities, any plain base cavities (with quantity) and whether you require a top punch.

Shoot straight and be safe.
    JB
    Last edited by autodidact; 09-17-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Boolit Buddy

List of orders.

2. bwgdog - 2 cav- all GC - top punch
    4. Bullshop - 2 cav - all GC
    5. True.grit - 2 cav - all GC
    8. Wadestep - 2 cav - all GC
    9. CENTEX BILL - 2 cav - all GC - top punch
    11. JonB in Glencoe - 2 cav - all GC - top punch
    12. SSGOldFart - 2 cav - all PB - top punch
    13. SSGOldFart - 2 cav - all GC
    17. nekshot - 2 cav - all GC

Updated 1-3-15
    Last edited by autodidact; 01-03-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Boolit Buddy

I will start with a 4 cavity, all GC with top punch.

JB

Boolit Buddy
    One two cavity-GC-with top punch. bwgdog

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    I am In for one, two cavity all GC,with top punch. Sop-Pup
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Buddy
    I'll throw down for a 2 cav, GCd with nose punch. Hoping the other GB of a simmilar bend doesn't come due at the same time!

Boolit Buddy

order list current

Boolit Master
    OH MAN!!!! I am trying to save for a range finder. This design should SHOOT!!! I gotta have one!!!
    For now a two cavity please. If possible and funding allows I may later upgrade to a four cavity. Thanks!
    Put me down for a two cavity.

I got to have this one. I will take a 2cav. Are there any alum checks offered on this one?
    Buzzards got to eat, same as the worms.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    OH MAN!!!! I am trying to save for a range finder. This design should SHOOT!!! I gotta have one!!!
    For now a two cavity please. If possible and funding allows I may later upgrade to a four cavity. Thanks!
    Put me down for a two cavity.
    Do you want any PB cavities or a top punch??

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by True.grit View Post
    I got to have this one. I will take a 2cav. Are there any alum checks offered on this one?
    Do you want any PB cavities or a top punch?

Joshua didn't offer .243/6mm checks when I inquired about them a few weeks ago for myself but said he was working on it. I will ask and edit the listing if he can supply them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Do you want any PB cavities or a top punch??
    No PB cavity and no top punch

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    2C. No PB, no top punch, thank you sir.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

order list current

I noticed you have me down for just a 2 cav. I would like it gas checked. thanks
    Buzzards got to eat, same as the worms.

Put me in for a 2 cavity GC no top punch.
    Thanks
    If you are not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by True.grit View Post
    Are there any alum checks offered on this one?
    338RUM is working on the tooling for .243/6mm gas checks as time allows between mold runs and hopes to have them available by the time this mold is cut. We will address the bundling of gas checks at the close of this buy if they are available.

Order list current.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    8 on the list now, This is great!

From what I have found in my old "Pet Loads" book and other sources, this boolit should easily stabalize in the origonal 244 rem 1x12 barrels also. I wish I had one of those barrels. The Speer 105 RN is .960 long and that would stabilize in the 244 twist. The specs above are .925, it will be a little longer with a GC but still inder the lenght of the Speer RN that was designed for the 244s barrel.

I have a custom Arisaka with a 26" 6mm barrel in 1x10. Can't wait to poor some alloy in these cavities.

Ken Hall
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master
    I have a 243 Ackley with a 1/12" twist.

In Remembrance

Put me down for a 2 cavity GC design with a top punch.Robert

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast