Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: pay forward in the form of .45ACP cake mix

pay forward in the form of .45ACP cake mix

Sent Cowboy Dan the box of muffins and tin, so I'm closing this out. Nice to pass on some favors that meant so much...

I recently received the help from two members in my hunt for boolits to try out in my .45-70. Their help is all the more appreciated due to my inability to work and its effect of household funds.

They would not take anything in return, so I am giving away a .45ACP boxed mix in SFRB. It will have around 10 pounds of COWW ingots/range lead ingots, 3.2 oz. of tin (2%), and 50 Rem. ACP casings. The amount of lead may be more, as I have not put the box together yet. Shouldn't be less.

This box is intended for a person who HAS to buy their lead, as they do not/cannot mine lead (WWs, lead pipe, x-ray, etc). None, period. Ideally it would be someone lacking funds as well, as it would be lost on someone with a basement full of lead, bought or not.

Again, I will require some semblance of activity on Castboolits to weed out ebay hangers.

PM only with request and a little background. I will choose based solely on my whims, and will let this run until I choose a winner or just close it for lack of responses.

I recently gave away some of this new Rem. brass locally, and it was well received.

Thanks to BrassMagnet and Swamp. Really guys, thanks!

Bob
    Last edited by 40-82 hiker; 06-27-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Very nice Bob. This is the reason that I love this site and love reading threads in this section. Good luck with the search and I truly hope it is a deserving member.

Boolit Master

Awesome way to pay forward !!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Nice. No, dont count me. Just another bump for a good reason....

Nice count me out.
    LaMar
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Heard from a new member: Cowboy Dan

Looks like Cowboy Dan has asked for a Mentor in the South Bend, IN area to start casting (he's already reloading), and has sent me a PM stating he could use some alloy. So sending him this box with COWW ingots. Don't know if he uses the .45ACP, so I'll send him more lead w/o brass since that's what he's asking for. Let's welcome him aboard, and maybe see if we can help him out other ways. Pay forward to Cowboy Dan.

Good luck to 'ya Dan. Hope this helps...

Boolit Master

Very well done sir, you got help passed it on and now we hope cowboy Dan will as well. It has inspired me, I know an older gentleman whom years ago was a top competitive shooter with a muzzle loader. Then spent years coming down other paths mainly teaching others to shoot pistols, anyhow his true love is front stuffers so I an giving him a mold and some dead soft lead so he can once again cast for his smoke pole

Thanks again to 40-82. This site is already living up to its reputation. I'll definately have to pay this one forward when I'm able.

Sent Cowboy Dan the box of muffins and tin, so I'm closing this out. Nice to pass on some favors that meant so much...