Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl, Army Sergeant Held by Taliban Since 2009, Is Released.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but how does anyone know he was captured, if he left on his own??
    Looks like he deserted: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post2804562
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true

In Remembrance
    That he shucked his gear and deserted his post is common knowledge, My question is how does anybody know he was captured and didn't go to the other side on his own will?? I mean think about it, was he planning on walking home??

Banned

That he shucked his gear and deserted his post is common knowledge, My question is how does anybody know he was captured and didn't go to the other side on his own will?? I mean think about it, was he planning on walking home??
    And that is why the Army needs to do some serious de-briefing (interrogation, whatever) and investigation. I believe he is a deserter and traitor and I hope whatever investigation they do determines whether he is or isn't.

Boolit Master

In the search US units found afghans that ran into him. Bergdahl asked which way to find the Taliban. His last emails to his family he discussed his disillusionment and was considering desertion.

Pretty damning if you ask me. He deserves a debrief and a probably a trial if all that is true.

Add in his father is an antiwar, anti US activist, and a muslim convert.

Boolit Master

In the search US units found afghans that ran into him. Bergdahl asked which way to find the Taliban. His last emails to his family he discussed his disillusionment and was considering desertion.

Pretty damning if you ask me. He deserves a debrief and a probably a trial if all that is true.

Add in his father is an antiwar, anti US activist, and a Muslim convert.
    This guy is no hero, far from it. He called his father the night before and said he was disgusted with the military and what it was doing, ( whatever that means ) He left his rifle and took some water, and a Compas and SPLIT. Who knows what he did with the enemy ?? But he had no love for us.
    5 for 1 ???? whatever is going on we ain't getting the truth, but then do we ever ?
    Can you say WAG THE DOG ? mor3e smoke and mirrors, along with a few lies.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    His daddy is a real piece of work.

http://youngcons.com/the-freed-ameri...en-deleted-it/
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I read all the above comments and am thankful that there are so many of you/us that understand what is really going on in the political arena in this country.

Make sure you and your friends and family are registered to vote and make sure they all go vote !!

They gotta go.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    After seeing and hearing daddy one has to wonder if the whole AWOL thing was set up between dad,his mullah and the Taliban before he shucked all of his military gear and JUST WALKED AWAY.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Government probably figures they can take the 5 out with drone strikes, so what's the harm in letting them go. I mean, if you keep them in Cuba, they are safe. Those 5 guys are no longer safe. I think we can bet on that.

In Remembrance
    What is the harm!!!! The TALIBAN and every other organization knows they can hold any US citizen up for ransom. How many lives will this cost in years to come, nobody can ever guess, or will ever know.

Boolit Grand Master

Barry said there was no time to notify congress.

Just how many weeks AND months would it take to locate the poor lost soldier and convince his captors that there was a chance to broker a deal?

What was necessary to convince the ruler of another country to use his territory as the spot for a trade?

Me thinks this deal took a lot looooonger than 90 days but the leader of the most transparent administration in history would never even think of lying to us would he?

Boolit Master

If they put tracking gear in them they might just go "POOF" before they get home. Na, wait until they are back with their dirt bag buddies and take out the whole crew at once.
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

Boolit Master
    Everything about this just stinks to high heaven.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

This week it is taking the attention off of the V A scandal.

Hang loose till next week to see what he does to take the heat off of this weeks screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Does not surprise me in today's US.
    Today we make hero's of deserter's.
    What have we become?
    This is not the country we know before and i am still think he is no hero also. Have UCMJ do it fullest.Since he did what he wanted then let him pay for what he did.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post

Add in his father is an antiwar, anti US activist, and a muslim convert.
    That say alot why it look like him and O is buddys on TV news.Do I need to say more.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Some scumbag demorat in the white house said "we don't care what he did but he's home now"... My god and they see Snowden as a threat ?. We are being played by the scum in political power that thinks this is a rescue/trade is somehow heroic. Reminds me of that scumbag that deserted during vietnam and then came home on his own...gary somthing or other.... should have been executed for the traitorous scum he was !!. And this current turd will be labeled a hero by the whitehouse propaganda machine...hope they all rot !.
    No , I did not read that in a manual or stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... it's just the facts Ma'am.

What's the difference between a pig and an Engineer ?
    You can argue with the Pig.

Love Life
    I care what he did. He needs to stand court martial. If proven innocent, then send him on his way with back pay. If proven guilty, then sentenced to death.

Question

Afghanistan is a wondrously stark country, love to visit it with a few thousand and a good camera. Having said that, there are bad tour guides that exist. Never had anyone wander away alone, and we went to the NW border of RC West. Not much out there.

If he would have been captured, I'd be all for his return. But when someone grounds their gear and weapon, and splits from the base, it becomes something where "buddy" is half the word. If there is such a burning desire to not participate in something, then quit, be processed by the UCMJ, then when you get out, at least I will respect you for taking a stand for what you believe in.

Though we handed out good stuff (very popular in Afghanistan) our weapons were always test fired, wore all of our PPE, vehicles always had fuel cans, comms worked, and we traveled in accordance with guidance. When you do dangerous things, the least risky way to get it done is usually to follow guidance.

Boolit Master

Wow, I guess I need to take some serious backwater on the congratulations and hero status I gave him!!!!! Up until now about all I had read on him was some of the mainline media news spots and they made it look as if he had been abducted after he had wandered out of the safe area, sure didn't take much research to see what you guys have been talking about. Instead of hero status it would seem this little twerp should be court-marshaled and locked up -at least!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast