WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visited the Pawn Shop today............

Boolit Master

Ha. Try to sell a diamond and see what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    I finally have all the guns I NEED, and I have some to get rid of also.
    now its time to boy the guns you want

Boolit Master

I did go back and put a down payment on that Trapdoor. Got the Homeowners Ins payment sitting on the desk ready to go to the PO today. Wallet will be a bit flat after that. How did the Insurance Co know how much I get in SS each month? Took the entire check, and they won't accept partial payments. Kinda hurts to pay out that much at once. So, I probably won't be bringing home the Trapdoor until the middle of July. But, I'll try and be patient. Tummy is growling, better fix something for it. Cheers!

I too have the same problem, started when I was 19 at a kmart bought a squires 22lr and the race was on, a buddy and I use to get up early on Saturday and go to Springfield sporters near Indiana pa they had all kinds of old military rifles and ammo, sometimes we would buy a new to us rifle and pickup ammo go to a place we use to shoot at and spend the day. Back then you could buy a shotgun shell size box of 50 rds of 8x57 for $4.00.

Boolit Master
    S&W revolvers are my primary weakness but old military bolt guns ain't far behind. Still kicking myself for not picking up a couple of Swedes when they were $150 apiece! Or a $250 CMP Garrand (the list goes on!)

My chief problem is not enough time to shoot & reload. Between all the guns I've inherited & can't get rid off and having a 12 yo who is now building his own accumulation (he's interested in 4H so I'm now looking at a .22 target rifle and pistol), I've got to downsize or get another safe before I think about acquiring any more for me.

I'm mighty tempted, though, to salt away a couple more 91/30s while they're available. They ain't gonna get any cheaper.

Boolit Master

It wasn't a pawn shop, but I hit the local Thrift store today and picked up 3 pewter tankards for $0.99 ea. It never ceases to amaze me how much pewter you can find in these stores and the rediculously low prices.

Boolit Master
    Ther is no explanation for the 'gun thing'. I was five or six LISTENING to Roy Rogers and The Lone Ranger when it started. No guns in the house, father with no interest, mother negative, but I was fascinated by guns. 65 now, I guess fascinated is still a term for me. Still buying them, just because. Who really needs 20 or 30 Savage 99's, with 8 or 10 .300's and .308. Not high dollar collectibles either. I think about it, but have no idea where it comes from, genetic recombination, dropped on my head at age five. INVESTMENT is still a good reason, just because I enjoy it is another. My first wife just rolls her eyes. She does like her Savage 99's in .243 and .358 for hunting though. Again WHY? Why NOT. If you are really asking the question you will not understand the answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12