WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rerun of HM2 .312" 160 gr Ed Harris' designed mould???

Boolit Master
    I've got an ACE mold of this design thats cast about 40 boolits I could be talked into selling,it drops both cavities at .312. Pat

Boolit Master
    With NOE's new group buy policy, anyone signing up for the group buy gets a 15% discount from the catalog price. NOE's price for a standard 2 cavity aluminum mould is $79.00. The 15% discount would make the group buy price $67.15. Shipping is by USPS Priority Flat Rate and runs $5.75, which would make the total delivered price to your door anywhere in the US $72.90. That's hard to beat for a NEW, HIGH QUALITY NOE mould.

NOE's catalog price for a 4 cavity aluminum mould is $92.00 (with 15% discount $78.20). The catalog price for a 5 cavity aluminum mould is $99.00 (with 15% discount $84.15). Brass moulds are a little more.

Please go to NOE's site to sign up: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,472.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master
    Here's a link to another current thread that shows how well the Ed Harris .312" 160 gr bullet works in 308 Winchester rifles. Check it out: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...20-HV-308-test

Dave

Boolit Master
    There have been 8 commitments on the NOE .312' 160 gr Interest Thread so far. We need a few more people to join in before there will be enough to move that one to the Active Group Buy status. Please help us out by going to the NOE Forum and signing up. Go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,472.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master
    So far, we have people interested in getting 12 molds, however, 4 of those people wanted to have a design without the crimp groove. We have started a second interest thread for that mold without the crimp groove. To see that new thread, go to http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,501.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master

I have never loaded for the 7.63x39 even though I have a Romanian pistol and Hungarian rifle in this caliber. I have a question:

Are factory rounds "roll" crimped?

Boolit Master
    No. Generally revolvers are roll crimped since they headspace differently than rifles and semi autos.

Boolit Buddy

Does anyone know the status of this mold? I want one. Ideally a 3 cavity aluminum.

Thanks
    -john

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by practical_man View Post
    Does anyone know the status of this mold? I want one. Ideally a 3 cavity aluminum.

Thanks
    -john

John,

Since the discussion came up about whether or not the crimp groove was necessary, nothing much has progressed on the group buy discussion thread. If you would like one of these moulds, go to the discussion thread and say so. That might be just what is needed to get this one rolling again.

Go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php?topic=472.0

Dave
    Last edited by DR Owl Creek; 01-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DR Owl Creek View Post
    John,

Since the discussion came up about whether or not the lube groove was necessary, nothing much has progressed on the group buy discussion thread. If you would like one of these moulds, go to the discussion thread and say so. That might be just what is needed to get this one rolling again.

Go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php?topic=472.0

Dave
    Dave - I've posted to the NOE forum. Patiently waiting

Boolit Master
    So far, 16 people have expressed an interest in getting one of these moulds. Some want .312", some want .314", some want the crimp groove, and some don't. If anyone is interested, please go to the NOE group buy discussion and say what you would like. You could be the one to push it over the top.

Thanks,

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Master
    We have 19 people interested in various sizes and configurations so far. We could still use a few more people to sign up to get Al's attention. Please go to the NOE Forum Interest Thread, and tell Al what you would like.

Thanks,

Dave

I would like to the drawing of this bullet and the NOE 311-155 side by side for comparison
    Last edited by Wayne S; 01-21-2015 at 12:22 AM.
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

I've been trying to figure out the difference between the NOE 314 155 and the Ed Harris design. Just in case they don't run em at .314". I have a Lee 312-155-2R of the Harris design but, it's a single cavity, casts at .313" and I'd also like a HP option with NOE's RG mold. I have a funny throat that tapers from .318" down to .314". The rifling starts at .310". I might want .316" bands x.310" nose diameter mold.
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 01-20-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Boolit Master
    Wayne and Yodog,

To see the drawings and diagrams of the NOE 311155 and 314155, go to the NOE On-Line Store, and click on the links on the top left side of the page, then look for the specific bullet you want to check out. You'll also have to go to the NOE Forum group buy discussion to see the drawing and diagram for the proposed 312" 160gr Ed Harris design.

The main differences between the NOE 311/314 155's and the new 312 160, as I see it, are as follows:
    1. The length of the NOE 311/314 155's from the base of the bullet to the top of the crimp groove are both .305". The length of the 312 160 for that area is .306". The NOE 311/314 155's can also carry a little more lube.
    2. The meplat on the NOE 311155 measures .113". The meplat on the NOE 314155 measures .116". The meplat on the Ed Harris' 312 160 measures .155".
    3. The diameter and the nose profile of the Ed Harris' 312 160 falls somewhere between the NOE 311/314 155's, depending on where you measure them.
    4. The Ed Harris 312 160 is about .020" shorter than either of the NOE 311/314 155's.

How much of this really matters will depend on your particular rifles' throats. I have three different 7.62x39mm rifles, all of which are from the same manufacturer and are basically the same rifles, but were made at different times. All three of mine have throats that need .313"+ diameter bullets, but otherwise all three have different throats. I'm not even sure what will work best in mine.

Dave

Thanks for the comparison. I had already looked at both drawings. Also note that the bullet diameter between the crimp grooves and radius of the noses differ, the NOE 313 155 Ed Harris design is .306" and the NOE 314 155 is .308".

The active Ranch Dog bullet mold group buy for the 7.62X39mm needs consideration, too. Also, an RG version is being offered in that. More options out there from NOE than ever before for this caliber!

What to do? (I want them all!) What to do? (I want them all!) What to do? (I want them all!).....
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 01-22-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Bump it,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    The Ed Harris NOE Group Buy has finally gone active! To see the new thread, and to sign-up for your mould, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,617.0.html

The new mould will be offered in both .312" and .314" diameters. It will be available in 2 cavity, 4 cavity, and 5 cavity versions, in both aluminum and brass. There will also be a gas check or plain base option.

As usual, only 10 buyers will be needed to send the mould to production, and everyone signing up will get a 15% discount from the catalog price.

Thanks,

Dave

I made my decision. I don't like the shotgun method so I got in on both the 314" Harris design and the Ranch Dog design!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12