RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Styrafoam containers work too!

Well, the guys all say NO to using the kitchen oven! Besides fumes, it's your food cookin' oven, don't screw it up and yourself & family too. Just get a cheapo toaster oven, or one from Goodwill.

And as far as the airsoft bb's, I believe they recommend hard plastic ones, not the soft rubbery ones.

Those came out great. What temp and for how long?

400F at 15 minutes. My first batches were 375F at 15 minutes and that worked too. The trick is to cause the powder to liquify and flow evenly over the surface of the boolit. Any longer that that doesn't improve anything. I've tried cooling them in the oven and cooling them outside the oven. Both work fine. I stuck a thermocouple probe near the boolits and monitored the temp and that was the average temp I was reading.

Banned
    I think the good static was more from the styrofoam than the white BB's, but, the white BB's did cover well so they may work.

I know, old thread but still goo information

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    I think the good static was more from the styrofoam than the white BB's, but, the white BB's did cover well so they may work.

I know, old thread but still goo information
    Yes it is... I have a container of HF White & some "off colored" BB's( < BBs that were doggone expensive...considering) & I did not like the first go-round on powder coating using them & a #5 container, even though I have done fishing jigs for years by a different method & that works well without the tumbling efforts....

Gonna try this & Thanks Grmps!! for kicking this horse back to life, so I could read/ride it!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12