RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relearning PP loading

Chris.

My wad stack pretty much stays the same. The over the powder wad might change as well as the lube wad depending on the time of year. "temp" I pretty much stick with a OJ carton wad over the powder it keeps the oil in my lube from leaching through like some of the wads cut from gasket materials. Over the lube under the bullet I mostly use a OJ wad plus a 1/16" cork plus a .012" florescent orange card cut from poster material under the bullet. The cork wad serves several jobs. It will expand when the charge goes off and seals the bore even as the cartridge case expands it will expand with the case where a card, plastic or fiber wad will not. The cork also holds my lube that is a lot softer than most use from getting past the under bullet wad from keeping the lube from gluing the card if it was used from gluing to the bullet base plus holding some of the patch to the base and dragging it behind for a longer distance down range. I have found wads down range past the 100 yard line with the patch stuck to it when I don't use the cork in chambers that are what I call oversized.

I'm interested in wad stack too. I now use 30 over powder then a grease cookie then another 30 under the boolit. The wad material PTFE gasket material. I don't know if this is great as I've used nothing else. I use the same wad in my greaser load as well. I like the function of the cork wad as you describe it. Where can I get this material from? I think I read about rubberized cork as a wad from someone else here. Don maybe or Kenny? Anyway I'm interested in other wad stacks to see if that can help me out. Thanks
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

I don't like the rubberized cork it's not dense enough. I used to get some fine bulk cork at TSC but they don't stock it in our store anymore. I now get it from http://www.charlescantrill.com/image...als-roll-1.jpg I can get some very dense fine granule 1/32 to 1/8"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12