WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: What do you think

Boolit Master

What do you think

of these for the 32 Win Spl ? Just messing around with cutters for the lathe and did this one up today . Still a long ways to go for sure .

Attachment 5983

Attachment 5984

Attachment 5985

Weight is around 205gn , miced up at .323 - .321 , and about 1.15 long .

Made a tool post grinder for the 9 X 20 lathe so I'll be able to make tool bits alot better than by hand . The lube grooves are a little shallow so will work on that also as I progress with makeing cutters , makeing the cutters out of dull taps and they don't look too bad , will have to try some cast iron I have to see how the cutter will work with it , this was aluminum for the first try .

Keith
    Last edited by IcerUSA; 11-24-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    Only dumb question is the one not asked

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOoA

In Remebrance

If it feeds it oughta be a good deer boolit. Is that a casting from an aluminum mould. I'm nor sure what you're saying.

Boolit Master
    Looks vaguely like a scaled down 358009. Most, if not all the Win 94s, and don't know about the Marlins, have 16 twist. Don't get your boolit too long. Like was mentioned, feed and function might be an issue with that blunt a nose. Keep us posted.

Another thought -- Properly sized, it might be a dandy for 8x57.

Boolit Master
    It was a couple small pieces of aluminum I had so I squared them up on the lathe and started playing with the blocks and this is what I got , was thinking the nose would have had more taper than it did as the cutter looked good but when I was done with the cut it don't look like what I thought it should . Little more trial and error and I'll figure the nose part out .

Going to need a better 4 jaw chuck also as it's a pain to get the blocks straight in the cheapo that I got with the lathe .

So far I'm just playing with it and haveing fun , way too much white stuff on the ground around here to go shooting and the cold gets to me more every year . As long as it's above 35 I can do OK at the range for a couple hours but below that I freeze up like everything else does . LOL

Keith

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOoA

Banned

if you put the bullet on a non reflective background off white, you'll get better pics.

Boolit Master
    Cast up a few more to get a couple good boolits and they are not going to work in the 32 well at all , only have about 1/3rd of the nose sticking out of the case so about 1 1/2 bands are in the case , just a tad too fat for the Marlin . hehe Back to the drawing board so to speak .

Keith

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOoA