WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 45 ACP - Light weight SWC

The 200grLSWC is classic BE shootign fair. Most pistols will handle vel as low as 750fps w/o a spring change. Plenty soft shooting, IMO, no need to go to a lighter bullet or replacing the recoil spring.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ................Lee used to offer a 190gr SWC but recently discontinued it. Discontinueing something doesn't speak well about it, usually. However I see more and more people reloading extra heavy slugs (like 250, 255 and 260grs) in the 45 ACP. POssibly it was just sales and not 'bad mouthing'?

Anyway, it was a kind of button nosed design with 2 lube grooves. It's wasn't a very impressive looking thing compared to the 225 - 240gr designs I seen and tried. I really was having no luck with a new 45 ACP conversion for a Witness (CZ75 clone) pistol I had, that was a tack driver in 38 Super.

In seraching around for something new to try I ran across a box of these Lee 190's. I then remembered how well my Ruger VAquero in 45 Colt shot them. To make a long story short, they shot so well I wanted to get a 6 cavity mould and that's when I found out that Lee no longer offered the slug. Bummer.

Doesn't do YOU much good Well, unless you have the mould, but I just thought I'd mention it. Oh and BTW, it was with 5.4grs of W231.

................Buckshot
    I have that mold in a two cavity that I bought in 1988. It was the second bullet mold I ever bought and it's been the consistently most accurate 45 ACP slug I've ever used in a wide variety of guns. I long for the day they bring it back in a 6 banger. I'm deathly afraid I'll wear out or damage mine.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tmaloy View Post
    Hi Steel185,

In the drawing in the Group Buy, It looks like the H&G nose, is this one of the design changes that has been decided on? I have the original Lee 155 and I would like one with a H&G style nose meplat like what 45 2.1 showed in the third drawing. Please advise.
    This drawing is meant to be a faithful copy of the Lee design. The only alteration was rounding of the lube groove for better casting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123