Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How about starting a thread of "What I'm doing" in the world of cast boolits ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    How did it turn out Jon?
    It went well enough, that he sold the mould!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Yesterday I put a sr9e in layaway at the LGS to go along with my sr9c. Anyhow, while there I had them order 1/2lbs cerrosafe and even with shipping came to 4 dollars cheaper than ordering online. I had to explain to them for 15 minutes what it was a first untill they brought out the brownells book. They thought i was trying to ordering a safe.

Today I went to the hardware and bought a propane torch, non acidic solder which contains 50% tin 50% lead, A metal funnel and Also bought metal toilet tube that I was able to bend ( fits in side the chamber of my savage 325c and losing). This metal tube and funnel will be slick set up hopefully. I'll heat up my cerrosafe pour it into the funnel down the tube and right into the chamber and throught hopefully, with out to much fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'm getting a 45 Raptor running . I have to fix the in taper in a .265 push through die , I guess it had a pock that collapsed and then it leaded up the die . Fortunately it's pretty close to the mouth and not in the throat .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    How did it turn out Jon?
    Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    It went well enough, that he sold the mould!!
    I got reminded how heavy a 4 cavity iron is

and I have more 38 WC molds than I want.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Since it's 74 degrees out and I'm home early from work I decided to finish painting my third LAM1. It's been in my cold garage and I just pulled it out to paint it. It now looks like it has a crinkle finish :laugh:

Received an order of Carnauba Blue this week so I figured I'd finally finish up the refurb. Should have time tomorrow or later tonight to put it all back together and update the thread I started about it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456