RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Critters

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.

Critters

Well a groundhog moved in under the barn this spring. I trapped him about a week ago. My wife saw another so I reset the traps. Caught a young one yesterday and saw two others also young. Took away the caught one and added apples to the bait at the other hole. Today brought the first trap back and had caught a raccoon in the other trap. Set the trap I brought back, took away the raccoon. I'll be awhile with at least two young groundhogs and my guess another adult as well as what ever else wanders by.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Did the groundhogs taste good? Momma fixed some for us when I was a kid, and it was near as good as the rabbits we raised. Never had Raccoon, though. mikey

Boolit Master

I never ate groundhog but I know people who did. Like any game it is all in how good the cook is. These are donated to feed a family of foxes.

Caught a second adult and another young one. At least one more to go.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Got another today. That accounts for all that have been seen so far. I'll let the site rest for a few days then give it one more try before filling the holes.
    Blacksmith