Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of your muzzle direction, adult gore warning!

Naw. I hit mine further back and didn't do near that much damage

Boolit Master
    To me it looks like a close range shot gun blast. Look at the size of the entrance hole. Maybe 20 gauge?

I was thinking that since it didn't break the bone, just wiped the flesh off of it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    What aggravated me more with my gunshot was the incessant police questions about how I got shot. They must have had 5 different cops ask me 15 different ways what happened. I guess after the same story was told 50 times they must have finally believed me.
    But the physical therapst was a babe.............

The same thing happened to me and I wasn't even shot!!!!

At work a few years ago I dropped a carbon arc torch (AirArc to you welders out there) with a 3/8" carbon rod that had only seconds before been used, this thing was glowing red carbon at maybe 1500 deg and probably even hotter. It hit me in the thigh as I grabbed for it and instantly went nearly two inches deep, I later learned. Since I was grabbing for it at the time it happened it was only in the wound for a fraction of a second and not long enough for that hot tip to cauterize the puncture so I was left bleeding like the proverbial stuck pig! When I arrived at the ER the attending doctor took one look and called the police! It did look like a close range bullet wound I suppose except for no exit hole, nice round open wound with slightly blackened edges and lot's of swelling, still the lack of an exit wound should have been obvious given the location and angle. Everyone was gung ho and made it plain there would be an investigation and I could be facing serious charges if I was lying, I was told it would go a lot better if I would just "come clean" about what "really happened"! Finally they were ready for me in X-Ray and the image clearly showed relatively (for a gunshot wound anyway) little and only local tissue damage with no foreign object present and no evidence of removal of any object, so they FINALLY took my word (and my co-worker's word who had brought me there) for what had happened. I still get POed at the way I was treated when I arrived and even after they reluctantly accepted my version of what had happened, no one attempted an apology at all.

Boolit Master

Man, them carbon arcs get HOT!! Saw a guy try to hold the lead in the crook of his arm and it slipped. He was screamin' like a wounded panther! Left a blister 6 inches long by a half inch wide.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

We had one of our football players in High School trip while rabbit hunting and blow a hole through the center of his foot with a 12 guage. He used crutches for quite a while.

Boolit Master
    I don't think I want any holes in me that are big enough to see through!

Boolit Master

I guess after a couple of days whatever is alive will be flesh colored and whatever is dead will be black and stink.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    We had one of our football players in High School trip while rabbit hunting and blow a hole through the center of his foot with a 12 guage. He used crutches for quite a while.
    Surprised he ever got off the crutches.

It is amazing what some survive without any apparent significant damage. When I was in high school several decades ago an acquaintance tripped on a log carrying a loaded 22 with safety off and managed to shoot himself in the forehead. The slug went between the lobes and exited out the top. He was on the school bus a couple of weeks later.
    "Time wounds all heels." Well, maybe not, but it helps me to think so rather than responding to bad actors.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    It is amazing what some survive without any apparent significant damage. When I was in high school several decades ago an acquaintance tripped on a log carrying a loaded 22 with safety off and managed to shoot himself in the forehead. The slug went between the lobes and exited out the top. He was on the school bus a couple of weeks later.

Maybe not a gunshot wound in this case but you're certainly right about how some people can survive what should be the unsurvivable! Back in the early 70's I had just left my uncle's auto body shop and while opening my car door I heard brakes squealing, I looked up just in time to see a car smash into a 12 year boy who had just gotten off a school bus. The bus had already left and a group of kids had just crossed the road from where they had been standing but this boy, for whatever reason, had been left behind and ran to catch up, in his haste crossing the road without looking first. When the car hit the boy the image was forever etched into my memory and I can still see it today as clearly as if it was yesterday, he flew up into the air and came back down onto the windshield smashing through almost into the car. The impact actually knocked both his shoes off which sailed through the air as if they had been thrown and ended up in the middle of the road over 50 feet away, the boy was lying cradled in the broken windshield trying to catch his breath when I ran to the scene but other than a few bruises and cuts he seemed to be ok by the time the ambulance arrived, I later learned that he only missed one day at school over the incident and would not have even done that but he was held overnight at the hospital for observation.

Thanks for sharing this photo. Although it is somewhat of an adult image I did actually show them to my kids. We've talked about gun safety and we continue to talk about it every time we handle firearms, but I saw these images as a good way to show the type of damage they can do when the person is actually lucky. These images opened up more dialog between them and us (my wife and I) and that's a positive out of something that was/is negative.

Bullshop Junior - Thank you for sharing your story in another thread as I used that as a lesson that also brought up discussions with the kids.

Thanks.
    Dave

My mother works at a hospital and this kind of thing happens every once in a while.

oldred-what does a guy have to do to get out of school there, he could have at least pleaded for 2 days.
    Last edited by .45Cole; 05-22-2014 at 03:10 AM.

This comes under the heading of what I call Rule #1. "There is nothing so bad that you aren't glad that it happened to some one else."

Although this is Old as mentioned 2009 or before things like this should be brought up now and then to remind people to be careful. As something like this is Minor when you consider what could have happened.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12