RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Lyman 1200 DPS2 vs. DPS3

Boolit Man

Lyman 1200 DPS2 vs. DPS3

Is there someone who has used both Lyman powder dispensers? What's the difference? How much faster is DPS3 compared to DPS2? Is sound level adjustable on DPS3 (my DPS2 is incredibly loud)?

Moderator Emeritus

I just bought the upgrade kit for the DPS1. The powder tube is larger with a much faster drop time and the reservour is restyled for a quicker and cleaner powder cleanout. IMR stick powder loads of 60 grains drop in 1/3 of the time. I have no experience with the model 3. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I just bought the upgrade kit for the DPS1. The powder tube is larger with a much faster drop time and the reservour is restyled for a quicker and cleaner powder cleanout. IMR stick powder loads of 60 grains drop in 1/3 of the time. I have no experience with the model 3. Gianni
    I had that speed upgrade kit on order for a month with no luck. Need to try ordering it again, DPS2 is way too slow for my way of reloading.

My DPS2 sometimes gets stuck when trying to drop last tenths of grains. Sounds like there is powder in wrong place. Is there any improvement in that matter or does this happen to others?

Moderator Emeritus

It depends on the powder. Mine with the upgrade will now feed 107 which I thought was impossible. It takes a long time for the last 10th to drop. Ball powders are quick and stick are not to bad either. G
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze