Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Customer Service

Boolit Master

RCBS Customer Service

I have seen a bunch of posts lately about what great customer service folks have received from RCBS. Until recently, I have never had a reason to call or contact RCBS myself.

Well that changed for me just the other day.

I have an older RCBS 7.62x39 die set I purchased back in the late 80's or early 90's. It came with both a .308 (30 caliber) and .311 ball to expand case necks with, depending on the boolit size and or case tension required. It also included a small addendum piece of paper, with a brief explanation regarding the use of each different sized expander ball.

Somehow over the course of the years, I managed to misplace or just outright lose the .308 expander ball.

So now I had found a reason to call up RCBS.

I called the number on the old piece of paper, (which to my surprise still worked) and got a nice lady who asked me some pertinent questions and took down my information in case we got disconnected, so I could receive a call back.

After a brief period on hold, I got a technician who I explained the situation to, and asked if I could order another 30 caliber expander ball to replace the one I had lost.

The RCBS tech insisted on sending me a brand new replacement part for FREE and even shipped it for FREE, even though I had openly admitted to losing the original one, and had mentioned my intention to purchase a replacement. They even went so far as to include another entire threaded core and de-capping rod stem with the alternate expander ball so I can easily swap between the two inserts now.

Color me very impressed. It was like Dillon level customer service, and then a bit extra. I own quite a few different brands of dies from, RCBS, Dillon, Lee, Redding, and a few others odd brand names as well. Some of the very first dies that I used and purchased were RCBS ones, so I am a little predisposed to using RCBS dies when it's an option.

Today I would not hesitate to buy another brand new, or even used set of RCBS dies after this experience. I would also be likely to pay a bit more for the RCBS dies, rather than purchasing a cheap Lee or other inexpensive die set knowing firsthand just how far RCBS is willing to go to stand behind their product.

- Bullwolf
    Last edited by Bullwolf; 07-15-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Same expereince here. RCBS has amazing customer service. I'm still waiting for lymann to get back to me from last year on a bran new tumbler not working. That open repair ticket went nowhere fast.

I buy RCBS products to the exclusion of others due to their stellar customer service.

RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they EARN it....

I'm a rather loyal customer because of their product quality and customer service....
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Buddy
    RCBS is the cats meow!

I'm A Honcho!
    I had the same experience. I messed up a decaping expander. I had it adjusted wrong and bent it badly.
    I sent an email asking if I could buy I one. The next morning before 8 am my time I received an email with a tracking # and a nice note explaining how the rod and 5 extra decamping pins were on there way to me.
    I messed up and they took care of it freight and all.
    Now if that is not the best service in the biz I do not know what is!
    The only other company with service like that I have found was leupold. I tripped fell and smashed a scope flat. I sent it to them and explained what had happened they sent me a brand new scope with a note saying they hoped I was ok and not injured and the replacement scope was on the house.
    Wasalmonslayer

I asked for the APS primer bushings, because I read in this forum they'll make the Lee auto prime 2 work with small primers. I'm not even an RCBS costumer, and still got notice they'll mail the parts free of charge, internationally! That's service that earned its name.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    - Evely Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Boolit Master
    I just got my arbor press conversion for the Summit as well as the short handle today. I can't wait to try it with my Wilson dies. I'm really liking this press. Added another die set also.

CH4D and RCBS are my goto guys for obsolete and wildcat cartridges. They have always done me good.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Buddy

I bought an old RCBS 10-10 balance on evil bay for 80.00. It had no cover, calibration weight, pan or sling. When I called to try to order the parts to make it whole, the technician took all my information and said they would ship immediately. I protested that it wasn't even mine to start with but I had bought it in this condition. He said that that didn't mater it was theirs and said I would have the parts by Friday. Sure enough my 10-10 is now perfect and I use it weekly. Took an $80.00 piece of junk and made it like new. I shop for RCBS to the exclusion of other manufacturers.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Bought a used, and known broken, die from here, it even showed without a body lock ring, I told CS this, when they called me back. YES, they called me back! Sent everything free of charge under warranty!
    Sure makes me glad I've gotten all my dies from them!

Boolit Mold
    Lost most of my RCBS Ram Primer. Same outcome. All parts shipped free. I now buy RCBS everything.

Same experience here. RCBS is top notch.

Perma-Banned
    I have only used their customer service 1 time and they were an ABSOLUTE pleasure to deal with, i had a brand new .257 Weatherby resizing die that had a spot inside that was scratching my new brass, I contacted RCBS and they sent me a brand new die.

Most of my purchases are based off good customer service, when i spend my money on a product i would gladly pay a little more for top notch customer service/warranty, I have heard very few complaints about RCBS, i own a BUNCH of their products, from really old stuff to new, their tools are built to not need customer service, but in the unlikely event that you do they are their to fix it

Boolit Master
    Just Remember, Your Fault, There Fault, Nobody's Fault They Fix it
    The best
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Yes! RCBS is very,very good. I like 'em!

A short story.... I went to an NRA convention/reloading/shooting show several years ago. I asked a lot of stupid questions at the RCBS booth and this nice guy helped me thru all of it. Found out later....that was THE head guy.... I didn't know him from Adam.... but he took the time to talk to me... Dale

Boolit Master
    After 30 years of use/abuse my Pro Melt started leaking around the pour spout, not from the pour hole but from the seal between the pot and the spout.
    Called and talked to RCBS about it and they sent me a new stainless pot/liner and control the rod.
    Drilled out the pop rivets, replaced the pot and used sheet metal screws to hold the pot in place.
    Works GREAT.
    RCBS customer service is one of the best.

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

I used to buy Sears/Craftsman just so I could "buy" replacement parts.
    With RCBS you only buy once. Most, everything they have sent me, has been because of my own stupid fault.
    Start CASTING or get off the POT!

Boolit Buddy
    RCBS has great CS, but sloooooowwwww shipping.

Its hard to complain when its free though. I'm still waiting on my replacement pan for my 10-10 scales, 6 months now. I have found and bought two meanwhile.

Boolit Buddy
    Another "great company to deal with" vote here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SARuger View Post
    RCBS has great CS, but sloooooowwwww shipping.

Its hard to complain when its free though. I'm still waiting on my replacement pan for my 10-10 scales, 6 months now. I have found and bought two meanwhile.
    Their shipping times are inconsistent. What I've found is that if the parts are in stock they ship right away. Took over three weeks to get parts for one of my LAM1s. I suspect they had to make some of the parts. The last one I rebuilt I contacted them on a Monday and had the parts in hand by Friday. Can't beat that IMO. I just bought another one so we will see how long it takes to get parts and if they charge me, like they did for one of them.

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS has always had excellent customer service, glad to hear it hasn't changed.
    Charter Member #148

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast