Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Mother's Day Salmon and Veggies

Boolit Grand Master

Mother's Day Salmon and Veggies

A little salt, pepper, and maple sugar on the salmon. Grilled sliced mini peppers, sliced mushrooms, fresh crushed garlic, avocado, green onion, spritzed with sesame oil and soy sauce. Then a nice piece of Ahi tuna with a dash of soy sauce.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salmon Vegies Front.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	104641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ahi Tuna Slab.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	104642

Next time, a bit hotter fire for the tuna, and less time. It was slightly well done. I wanted a red center.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Man that looks good, sure wish it was a little cheaper here in the East.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thats For sure. $10.99 a pound. Thats about $8 worth.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Vendor Sponsor

I was missing blackened salmon the other day really bad. For some reason, the farm raised fish are fattier and work better than wild caught. I coat both sides of 1" thick steaks with Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic and put them over a VERY HOT grill, when it looks like the first side is burning, turn once, serve with some parmesan ranch pasta salad and some applesauce.

Tip: Immediately before putting fish on the grill, lift the griddle and lay some un soaked hickory chips on the coals, let it smoke and then catch fire, smother it with the grill lid to put it out. Now we talking....

Your post is going to make me want some even more now Shiloh!

Edit: smh.. Just went to the store and got a nice thick salmon filet, blackened it over some VERY hot coals on the small Weber grill, it was SO GOOD! Really crispy skin. I got some new Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic, which tasted good, but man, it had zero heat! That stuff used to light me up good! Maybe they had to dumb it down for AOLers or something who knows. I added a tsp and a half of cayenne to it, maybe now it will return somewhat to it's former glory and regain it's lofty place among my spices.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 05-14-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Looks very good.
    I've always wanted to try some "real" tuna like that instead of from the can.
    Everyone says there is NO comparing it.

For Mothers Day we thru a pork loin in the smoker and Mom and Dad came over.