Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about Tikka Rifles!

Boolit Buddy
    I have done some load development work for 2 T3's in 300 win mag and a 25/06 getting 3 shot 1/2" groups was very easy a friend has a 595 in .222 1/2" 5 shot groups are routine, I prefer the older models to the T3's, I am on the hunt for a 595 in .308 I have missed out on two not quick enough
    they are not on the market for long.

Boolit Master
    While not a Tikka I have a Sako 75 hunter in 30-06. This rifle thinks it is a target rifle. I easily get groups under an inch with handloads and once tried some M72 military match in it. That stuff is scary accurate in my rifle. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    They are accurate guns but the models with the chintzy plastic stock kick like a mule and I would avoid them, any of the wooden stocked models I would go for.
    I own a t3 lite with the plastic stock and absolutely love it. It kicks less and weighs less than my same caliber 308 Encore. I hate those two piece triggers Savage started and the tikka trigger is amazing to me. I have never owned any high dollar guns or triggers to compare it to but I think it is awesome. If I had the cabbage I would love one of those sporters, beautiful.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master
    They are good. Not any better than a remington 700 though so don't overpay thinking you are going to be in some exclusive euro accurate club or whatever.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Master
    I have a Tikka stainless T3 30-06.
    Pro's:
    Ergonomics
    Trigger
    weight
    The smoothes factory barrel I've ever seen
    Accurate
    con's:
    Detachable magazine (however it works well)
    Only 3 shot magazine (see above)
    1/11 twist does not like heavier than 165 grains in my experience

I WOULD BUY ONE AGAIN AND IN FACT WILL PICK UP A 25-06 when the opportunity presents itself the stock is way better than many other Tupperware stocks I've seen and I'm not changing mine.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    The first Tikka I ever owned was their 308 Varminter model. It was the most accurate rifle I'd ever owned up to that time. It took very little time and effort to work up tack-driving loads for it. I kick myself for ever getting rid of it but medical reasons left me no choice.

Now that I'm back in the game and able to get out and about for more hunting adventures, I just recently bought another Tikka. This time it was the Stainless Tikka lite in 223. I'm working up loads for it now but, my first time out to the range with it yielded sub-MOA groups with three out of the five loads I'd initially tried. I'm looking for bug hole groups with this rifle and I believe this is well within the abilities of this gun.

You can say what you want about them but, the Tikka line of rifles really deliver when it comes to accuracy. I sold my savage in 223 because the best I could get out of it was an inch at a hundred yards. I'm afraid I've been spoiled by these Tikkas.

I was looking for an accurate, light weight coyote hunting rifle when I bought this one. I'm happy to say I got exactly what I wanted. I wish I could afford to buy their 300 WSM. I think that with just those two rifles I'd have every type of game hunting I'd ever want to do all covered. Accurately covered!

HollowPoint