Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a hard time.

Boolit Master

Be patient and things will come around for you and your wife.God bless you an family.

I ones worked for this guy that they said the reason he didn't have meetings was because he couln't stand to see that many people sitting down at one time and not doing anything.LOL
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Buddy

Sorry to hear about your situation. You mention the frustration you feel not being able to do much of anything, but look deeper into that frustration and see if it is compounded by a fear of things being this way from now on. The fear is usually much more powerful until it's recognized as fear and nothing more. Understanding fear robs it of a lot of it's power over you. Will your life be different from here on? Probably, to some extent. Will this useless feeling continue? Only if you let it. Your job has just changed recently, due to your heart condition. Your main job now is recovery. The other stuff will get done in time if you take care of the current number one job now. The less you worry about the other ones, the better and easier you can take care of the job at hand. And it also sounds like you have a capable and willing helper to help you with your new job. Be grateful for that help, and there's a good chance you'll be strengthening you relationship as a side effect of strengthening you heart.
    Good luck, and speedy recovery to you.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

I've had three heart attacks starting at age 39. But here I am at age 71 still alive. The key to staying alive is this: take your prescribed medication and exercise, even if it's mild exercise. You are a lucky man to have a loving wife who is still at your side. I thought I did . . . but didn't. Nuf said....

Boolit Master
    I had one in October 2000,I have stuck to the prescribed pills since then.I had a spell of rehab initialy.My Doctors advise was to get on with it.14 years later I am still here and enjoying my Shooting etc.I understand what you are going through but time will reduce your fears.Good luck and go well.

Boolit Master

Those of you who have been through this are stating it exactly. I do kind of feel like damaged goods and wonder if I will be able to get back to where I was. I am definitely following Dr.s orders. I won't see him for about two weeks and hope to be able to start rehab then. I think that will do a lot for my confidence. Thank you for the words of encouragement and sharing your stories. It certainly helps me put things into perspective.

James

Moderator Emeritus

Having been through back surgery and 6 months of recovery and no where near back to normal after that it is rough. It forced me into retirement on the spot at age 46. Still found small odd jobs that didn't require me to lift to pad the small SSDI check I get. Life goes on things will pop up that you can still do that don't require hard physical work. Now if I have a heavy job I sit and look for awhile and figure out how to work smarter instead of harder.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    ..... Now if I have a heavy job I sit and look for awhile and figure out how to work smarter instead of harder.
    That is spot on!

Boolit Master

MaryB, I'm a auto mechanic. Sometimes it's not heavy work and sometimes it is, you can't pick and choose so there is no light duty. Doc seems to think that I will get back to 100% or near it but no indication yet as to how long he thinks that will take. You might think an oil change and tire rotation is easy but most Escalade wheels weigh in at over 80 lbs. each and I do work at a Cadillac store.

James

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I spent 25 years in a garage and only attended ONE retirement dinner.

Most people have no clue just what goes on in the shop.

Try an oil change when the car comes in off the road in an ice or snow storm some day.

How about changing ball joints or shocks in the snow storm,ahhh that nice 33 degree water down your neck and arms.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Moderator Emeritus

They do make tire lifts... if the company won't buy one I would do it myself, not that expensive compared to your spine going out and sidelining you. Or the heavy lifting triggering another heart attack... there are ways to make lifting easier. I installed a pickup hoist on my upper deck, anything heavy that needs a trip upstairs goes up via an electric winch then in the door off that deck. Little things that make life easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12