RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Redding customer service A+

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

Thumbs up Redding customer service A+

First time I pulled out my reloading setup I resized a bunch of .38 Sp. And 30-06. I get down to the last piece of brass, an oddball, and it turns out Berdan primed. I buggerred my Redding fl die, made a hook of the decamping pin, and bent the end that holds it. Looked them up, gave a call. They sent me a new decamping stem, and like six pins, plus a catalog. Two thumbs up!

Boolit Master
    I had the same experience, but with sizing 223 brass.................actually I was teaching another person to reload and it happened while they were using the press. While I really like the newer dillon dies for my dillon presses, Redding is top notch. I went with Redding for my 460 mag dies as well. RCBS has similar customer service as well.

Boolit Buddy
    Did the same broke the end of the decapping rod in a Forster 308 benchrest die. It was an older Bonanza with a decapping rod I had just replaced a month before from Forster. Called them told them what happened and they charged my credit card and sent me another. I don't decap with it anymore. Forsters waranty not so good. Thats pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    First time I pulled out my reloading setup I resized a bunch of .38 Sp. And 30-06. I get down to the last piece of brass, an oddball, and it turns out Berdan primed. I buggerred my Redding fl die, made a hook of the decamping pin, and bent the end that holds it. Looked them up, gave a call. They sent me a new decamping stem, and like six pins, plus a catalog. Two thumbs up!
    Same thing happened to me. A new decapping rod was supplied at no cost. However, the service rep told me there was only one free rod replacemennt per customer.

So, they came through on this one instance.....
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master

I once did the same thing with my 8x57 RCBS sizing die, berdan case somehow got mixed in with the boxers. RCBS sent me a whole new decapping stem and expander ball and 3 new pins. Can't beat service like that. Redding has also taken care of me 2 times when the fault was mine, not theirs. I have never had to deal with Forsters but it is owned by the same group that owns Lyman, which does give me pause for concern about customer relations. james

Boolit Master
    Because some of the die manufacturers do are stingy with replacements (Forster do you hear me?) I switched to decapping with the lowly Lee hand punch and a 8oz dead blow hammer about 40 years ago.
    I have never bent another decapping stem or broke another pin.

I think the Lee tool is tough enough to drive it through a berdan case. Plus I never get primer residue all over my press.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Redding has great service! Who are you trying to kid!