Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: 22 ammo and wallmart question.

In Remembrance

22 ammo and wallmart question.

Wallmart here usually gets small quantities of 22 ammo in, the way I understand it as I haven't looked there in a year or so.

When they opened the new cabellas in anchorage last month, wallmart all of a sudden had pallets of 22 ammo on the day of the grand openings in at least 3 of the 4 wallmarts in the state. I found this somewhat an odd coincedence, but it may very well be. It makes a guy wonder if wallmart sits on some of the 22 ammo, just for special occasions.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I was told by a Gander Mountain employee that when they did the grand opening of their new store in NC, they brought in trailer loads of ammo, including 22's. He said that they stockpile ammunition for special events, especially new store openings. I was there on the 2nd day of the grand opening and I can say that I have never seen that much factory ammo in my life under one roof.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

In Remembrance
    Cabellas had ammo too, but for the cabellas grand opening wallmart all of a sudden had pallets of rimfire on hand. lol

I ran into some guys that live in the bush up on the yukon. They had went to anchorage for the grand opening and I ran into them after they came back to fairbanks where they were buying case after case of shotgun ammo. They said it was cheaper here at sportsmans than what cabellas wanted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    It makes a guy wonder if wallmart sits on some of the 22 ammo, just for special occasions.
    Nothing wrong with that. The concept is to get folks into the store for one item and leave after purchasing eleven more.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

ours has been getting 100 round mini mags and federal lightening in pretty regularly.

Walmart has very efficient distribution mechanisms. It may be that they can prioritize/redirect low inventory items to more competitive markets, or based on regional or local store manager requests for special situations.

It doesn't do Walmart any good to sit on inventory that is in demand. In fact, it hurts them. They are designed to do exactly the opposite: Get goods to the stores quickly and get 'em sold through to the consumer, ASAP.

Boolit Master

No joy here in SW NH. Doesn't matter which retail outlet.

There was an LGS that had an open house last summer. They had a pallet or two of .22 ammo for the occasion. The owner had called his vendors and leaned on them hard to be cooperative. The .22 was gone by noon.

OK, so there you have it. It's all about robbing Peter to make Paul think he's found the pot of gold.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    I have said it over and over, there is no shortage!! This is a giant "Ruse" that has been played on the American public by none other than the Democratic party, when the obimanation of a president took office!
    I think a lot of you guys should start thinking back when all this mess was started . Now you all seem to think that this is all going to come to an end, sometime soon!! Well you can forget that happening! Hold up your hand and tell all of us on your fingers how many companies that have ever reduced ther prices once they were getting large increases!

If you are waiting for relief you better darn start thinking about what party is in power!
    Start writing your Congressman and saying exactly how you feel about this intire mess this country is in.

You think think the amo is a joke, look at the people that are trying to feed there families, they can't!

I'll leave this with a mention of GREED! When you go to the grocery store, thinking there is a beef/pork/chicken or anything else shortage why is it that if you (Example) buy a small package of anything, it is way more expensive than if you buy a larger package??
    Try giving this a LOT of thought.

Now the ringers will step in with there answers to calm the multitudes, listen and PLEASE THINK!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I have said it over and over, there is no shortage!! This is a giant "Ruse" that has been played on the American public by none other than the Democratic party, when the obimanation of a president took office!
    I think a lot of you guys should start thinking back when all this mess was started . Now you all seem to think that this is all going to come to an end, sometime soon!! Well you can forget that happening! Hold up your hand and tell all of us on your fingers how many companies that have ever reduced ther prices once they were getting large increases!

If you are waiting for relief you better darn start thinking about what party is in power!
    Start writing your Congressman and saying exactly how you feel about this intire mess this country is in.

You think think the amo is a joke, look at the people that are trying to feed there families, they can't!

I'll leave this with a mention of GREED! When you go to the grocery store, thinking there is a beef/pork/chicken or anything else shortage why is it that if you (Example) buy a small package of anything, it is way more expensive than if you buy a larger package??

Now the ringers will step in with there answers to calm the multitudes, listen and PLEASE THINK!
    Please just try to tell me how and why ALL ammo manufacterers would hold up production? They are in bisiness to make a profit, not makeing a product and not selling it equals no profit! If you owned stock would you except that?
    I can't really figure why you brought up packaged food, but you do understand packaging cost and buying in bulk don't you?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Will this answer work? BS.

The only real ammo i be had a hard time locating is 22 lr and powder.

Boolit Master

I'll not speak to the merits of this argument, pro or con, although I do have an opinion.

Instead lets go back and review not too far distant past history. It was in the 90's (Slick Willie) that Bill Gates and Microsoft Corp came under the gun for not contributing freely enough to political causes. This little skirmish cost Microsoft multi millions of dollars. Since then, using Microsoft as an example, corporations have been much more generous to politicians. The idea in general is to contribute as lavishly as possible to all parties so to avoid blowback from any direction.

The paradigm has been established. The politicians will take whatever they want, in whatever form it's needed.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Bub
    Quite simply, stores will hold back product when they know it is to their benefit to wait. The company I work for opened a new store last year, heavily advertised the big "Grand Opening" and they stockpiled all kinds of ammo just to be sure the store had plenty on hand for that event. I am quite sure that competing stores (walmart, etc) did the same just to be competitive. After the big sale was over (and the ammo, especially 22's) was gone things settled back down to the current normal. Stock comes in, gets put on the shelf and flies out the door. If we are running any sales on 22 firearms though some portion of 22 ammo will be held back to offer to those who buy a 22 gun. Until the market demand changes don't expect things to get any better. Two or three years ago the amount off 22 ammo we would receive any week would last for days, now the same amount is gone in hours (or minutes!!!).

Boolit Master
    Well sinse I just received an infraction notice for hurting some peoples feelings, I guess everyone is happy with the way things are.

I won't bother you again with the truth.

Locally, the problem is not the stores. The problem is not the "Hoarders". The problem is the guys who are getting away posting the ammo on Backpage or Craigslist at $50-$100 per box, and getting their asking price!

The local Walmarts close to my house that carry ammo have been trying to spread the ammo around. They change the times periodically of when the ammo goes out on the floor to give others a chance. I had a guy walk up to me last week and offer me $20 per box of 500+ if I would buy them for him with my allotment. (Wife was with me so we would have gotten 2 boxes) he was willing to pay the sticker price plus $20 for each box. So you know he had to be selling it at a profit somewhere. The store didn't receive any bricks, just the small boxes. I don't need .22LR right now. I have 2 bricks sitting in the safe and plenty of other things to shoot. So it wasn't necessary for me to buy it. My point is, if people would stop paying extortion money to the people in the classifieds, they would quit buying all the over the counter stock to sell, without a license, for profit, and .22lr supplies would be able to slowly catch up.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Wallmart here usually gets small quantities of 22 ammo in, the way I understand it as I haven't looked there in a year or so.

When they opened the new cabellas in anchorage last month, wallmart all of a sudden had pallets of 22 ammo on the day of the grand openings in at least 3 of the 4 wallmarts in the state. I found this somewhat an odd coincedence, but it may very well be. It makes a guy wonder if wallmart sits on some of the 22 ammo, just for special occasions.
    We have two warehouses here in Palestine tx., an yes they have lots of pallets an our super center never has ammo, but the neighboring towns seem to have more. It's the Wally World way.

Why so many threads about a caliber that can't he cast for easily on a boolit casting forum. I hate 22lr and hope they quit making it.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I just watched a youtube video where some guy was bragging about how he scored 9 550round bricks by going to all the different Walmart stores in his area.

I asked him why he just didn't buy one and leave the other 8 for the other shooters in his area. I don't expect a response.