Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: 'Nuther New NOE

Boolit Grand Master

'Nuther New NOE

Finally broke in my NOE 360318 tonight, took awhile to get going but it finally settled down and cast some good boolits. I don't think I got the sprue plate adjusted quite right. Was tired from yard work and other tasks so was pleasantly surprised when I figured out this mould seems to like running at a leisurely pace. Didn't feel like keeping up with a mould that wanted to run fast tonight, lol. Random samples weighed a few tenths either side of 250 and .360 dia with my caliper using COWW.
    Best of all I loaded a few dummies and they fed great thru Ol' Ugly, my Winchester who very much dislikes FP/big meplat boolits.
    No pics, my phone is upset about something. Will post when it gets over it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    TXGunNut- I am very curious how your 360318 turns out, I have one on the way also. Don't think I'd want do a moose with the HP version, but the cup point is interesting. Figure to work with COWW+Cu @ 2400 or so fps. Besides my Whelen needs to get going on something a little heavier. As hunting season is just around the corner.
    bushman

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AKbushman49 View Post
    TXGunNut- I am very curious how your 360318 turns out, I have one on the way also. Don't think I'd want do a moose with the HP version, but the cup point is interesting. Figure to work with COWW+Cu @ 2400 or so fps. Besides my Whelen needs to get going on something a little heavier. As hunting season is just around the corner.
    bushman
    TXGunNut--AKbushman49--I also am anxiously awaiting a new NOE 360318. Let us know how they shoot in the .35 Whelen.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Grand Master

I'll have some lubed and loaded in the next few days, hope to shoot some next weekend. Scored another 2 #'s of IMR4350 today. Ol' Ugly shot quite well with the RD 359-190 today but I think the 250 is a better weight for this cartridge. Had some gusty, swirling crosswinds so had to pack it up to avoid wasting lead & powder.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I've got the 360318 fever too and i haven't even tested any of my new noe 358009's yet. But if you start shootin lights out at the range with the 318's I'll probably dive on that one too while they got em in stock.....love those noe moulds.

Banned

358318 HP next to a Saeco 351

358318 dish HP from NOE mould.

Banned

Now I just gotta find the mould again so I can cast some more!

Boolit Grand Master

I like that dished 358315, Blammer. Wonder if it will feed in my 336? Pretty sure it won't feed in my bolt gun, it likes the RN on the 360318.
    Looks like I'll have some rounds loaded by this weekend, 35 shooter. I was pretty tickled to see it in stock. I think I've pretty much blown my allowance for the next several months and I still have a scope to buy.
    Glad I've saved all this money casting and loading my own, comes in handy.

Boolit Bub
    Blammer- Wow, a picture is worth 1000 words, I like the looks of that dish point. Just curious tho what does it drop at? ~235 ish?
    TXGunNut- Yup, I know the feeling, now that the white stuff is going, gonna have to dig up that 5 lb Gold nugget, got to get more moulds! LOL
    Shuz- I will most assuredly keep the board informed on the progress.
    The rifle is a 24" 1.5 taper Shaw barrel on a 77 action, 1-16 twist, Laminate stock. Built in the 70's before 35 Whelen was a factory caliber.
    bushman

Boolit Grand Master

Just got my NOE K-31 Mold! A beauty!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Banned

245gr. with GC and lube

That dished noe does look good. I gotta stop lookin at all the 35 cal. boolit pics. Otherwise i'm gonna wind up without pockets...much less a pocket book!

Boolit Grand Master

That dished noe does look good. I gotta stop lookin at all the 35 cal. boolit pics. -35 shooter

I ain't scared, pretty sure that dished boolit won't work in anything I'm working on.....at the moment.