Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: in the hospital

Mickey,
    I was very sorry to hear of your situation but happy to know that you are christian. Fortunately there are other options to treating cancer.
    A distant friend was given 6 months to live even after he went through all of the normal cancer treatments. He decided try some alternative medicine and he is alive and well today, 3 years after he was told that he had 6 months to live.

Please go to www.cancerdefeated.com and check out the information.

God bless,
    w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Boolit Master

Liverwurst and onions!!!! I hadn't thought of that, it's been years since I had any. There was a good german restaurant just off base in Louisiana where I got the most delightful schnitzel and wurst. Never found anything to equal it once I came home. I'll have to see if any of the local markets carry liverwurst. I got the driveshaft out of the truck, and put the replacement 'used' one in. It was in the same condition as the original. So, I ended taking it to my local mechanic for repair. I might have gotten it apart, but you need a large press to get the bearing off and on, AND, I don't have a large press. It was expensive, but now the truck is once again usable. About a week later, I went for my 2nd dose of chemo. The doses are supposed to be 3 weeks apart, but the pharmacy did not order it in time, and it came in a week late, plus the Chief Oncologist Wanted to be present when I got my dose, so, I did not get it until the next week (5 wks). He was very concerned about my condition. My left lung is partially collapsed, and the tumor in my spleen is intruding into my diaphram. PLUS, I only have about 10% of my liver function, if that much. That is probably the reason for my general weakness. (OH! the sun is shining brightly! YAY!) He did administer my dose of chemo, but said it depended on my overall condition as to whether or not he would continue the therapy. Since the last dose of chemo (the 23rd) I have felt a bit better, until I got a bad bag of lettuce. Made me sick as a dog, and am just getting over it. A curious thing, I had trouble drinking water, as it made my stomach cramp, as did coffee. Coffee has been by good friend since I was about 8yr old, and I really did miss it. But, since my second dose of chemo, I have been able to drink both, as long as it is not in large quantities at one time. The coffee is not so important, but the water is, as I need to keep hydrated. I started off by following the advice of one of the internet Dr.'s, who advised that to help recover from dehydration one should mix 1/4tsp of good sea salt to 8ounces of water, and drink just before going to bed, so that the body would absorb the salts and minerals overnight. Well, I did, and it seemed to work, and you can barely taste the salt, plus, it did not cause the stomach cramps. This Dr. recommended 'Celtic' brand sea salt. He stated he had no interest in the company, except that he used it himself, and was satisfied with the results. I, too, am satisfied with the results I have gotten from it. And now, I can drink the water without the salt. So, now two weeks until my next chemo. Am praying for enough improvement, so that I will be allowed my next treatment. Only time will tell. My chemo is on the 13th, and Daughter is getting married to a great young man on the 17th. Here's hoping that everything works out well.
    Last edited by mikeym1a; 07-29-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Boolit Master

Thank you for the report
    Pleased the truck is funtional and you are feeling some better
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Liverwurst: Liver-at-it's-worst (and that's saying something!

Used to eat that stuff...came in a tube like Jimmy Dean sausage... Can't even stand the smell now... but hey...to each his own!

Why is it that junk yard parts often seem to have the same malady as the part we so dutifully took off that didn't work??

I still stand in awe of your attitude and fortitude! God loves a happy and hopeful heart!!!

Continued prayers for a turn-around and that God's will be for your healing and longevity...

Keep the Son in your eyes, Mike

Boolit Buddy
    Praying for you sir.

Boolit Master
    Mike,
    I too am in awe that you have such a positive attitude. You give me something to aspire to.
    Praying for your full recovery - God still does miracles!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Continued prayers for you and your docs. Now praying for a medical miracle, that your liver would grow back.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I am kinda late to your need, but I am praying for you!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Mikey, you have the continued thoughts and prayers of the smokeywolf pack. Your continued positive attitude is like a firearm you can use against this intruder.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    You are a brave man and God loves the brave.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Ahhh Mike, I will continue to pray for ya.... And your Journey... I pray for your healing as Our lord Jesus loves you... Nothing is too difficult for him. And I pray for your grace and attitude. You inspire me, and many others with your strength and conviction. And I pray that the marriage will be blessed and hat you will be in attendance standing tall sir...

i know now exactly what you are talking about on the snit and wurst thing.... There used to be a little place near my apartment in Offenbach Germany that served traditional wurst and snitzel.... Just thinking about it makes me drool a little.... lol... The same place made the best jäger snitzel I ever had..... Brings back many happy eating memories...lol.

AG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345