Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Third Lube

Boolit Grand Master

Third Lube

Have a second Lyman 4500 on the way, first one is dedicated to SPG for my BP loads. I use LLA and Lee sizers for several rifle and pistol boolits but I think I need another conventional lube for GG boolits over about 2000 fps. I don't do much rifle shooting in the summer time and primary use will be hunting deer and hogs in TX. I'd prefer not to make my own, plenty of good lubes just a few keystrokes away. Have a tube of RCBS 50/50 in the box with the sizer and a stick of Lyman moly-something-or-other hanging around as well.
    And yes, I'd love to have a Star but I bought too many Lyman dies to turn back now.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just click on the LeStuff.com link at the bottom of this page. I used to make my own lube, but Lars makes excellent lube and cheaper than I can.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

Check with randyrat he's got some great lubes and very reasonable prices.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/memb...?2594-randyrat

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 454PB View Post
    Just click on the LeStuff.com link at the bottom of this page. I used to make my own lube, but Lars makes excellent lube and cheaper than I can.
    Yes, I agree. Just not sure which of his lubes will best meet my needs. Leaning towards BAC.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I'll send you a few samples if you want Mike.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    I'll send you a few samples if you want Mike.
    Thanks, Daniel. May take you up on that. I may have some .32 boolits you'd like as well. Still studying on it, may give you a holler after I do a bit more reading.

Sounds good.

Boolit Grand Master

New 4500 arrived today, missing the push up rod. Good thing there's another 4500 on the bench. Didn't realize the RCBS 50/50 was so soft, should be interesting.