WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: aliante 410 powder, anyone got any loads other than 410 shot shell for it?

aliante 410 powder, anyone got any loads other than 410 shot shell for it?

last moth I went to my local gun store lookin for magnum rifle powder and he had sold the last rl25 (all he had besides 410) the day before for 12 a pound , said he was liquidating , well he had 3 pounds of 410 and he made me the same deal so for 36 total I got 3 pound of owder.
    I would like to get a mec 410 loader but just too many other things going on now to be able to afford it.
    so has any of you used this powder for pistol or cast rifle?
    I have worked up a good 357 load so far , but would like to use it in 38spl , maybe 45auto with 230+gr bullets and maybe some cast rifle , 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 30-30, 30-06, and maybe 12ga 1oz slugs.

I read in a few places that it was safe to use 2400 starting loads and that has worked for me in 357.

my loads is

357 mag mixed cases
    cci small Rifle primer (all I had) and works good
    158 cast swc , and 200 cast tc
    I settled on 14.7 for the 158 and it is the most accurate load I have tried in this gun , lot better than any factory ammo I have tried,
    and I settled on 11gr for the 200 gr boolit, was not as accurate but a good load till I ran out of the boolits I had kept from the box o boolits or one of the boxes going round in the pif section.

I did try 11gr with a 230gr boolit in my 45auto , it cycles good and recoil was lower than with power pistol ,but the primer seemed to be like a hot power pistol load. so I only tried one , I had no unburnt powder though.

anyway thaats what I have used it for so far , anyone else wanna list their loads, it would sure help me and maybe it will help someone else.
    thanks in advance to anyone that replies , oh I haven't had the chance to chrono the loads I listed yet, but the 357 load seems like a hard hitting load with no pressure sighns and very accurate from a 4inch barrel wheel gun.
    hope everyone has a great day/weekend
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell

hmm I figured someone here had used this powder in pistol or cast rifle , am I the only one?? I know there is no written data, maybe that's why but I know some here uses powder similar with no published data.
    anyway I started to working on 38spl,
    load 1 was cci sr primer , 158gr swc , 10 gr ,
    load 2 was cci sr primer , 158gr swc, 11gr ,
    load 3 was fed sp primer, 125 rn boolit, 10 gr
    load 4 was tula sr primer , 125 rn boolit
    load 5 was cci sr primer , 125 rn boolit , 10 gr

load 1 and 2 shot fine, 11 seemed like a +p or a stought 38spl , but 10 gr felt right with no over pressure sighns with the 158 (160 sized n lubed)gr swc, but load 3 4 and 5 ,
    load 5 shot normal witn lot less noise and recoil , load 4 went pssss then pow , load 3 went pssst and stuck a boolit , didn't burn any powder ,,,,, so what I think ill do is stick with another powder for 38 spl , and if anyone here tries this powder I n a 38 or anything that is not atleast 99%load , be very carefull. I had read it could cause a SEE , I shot load 12 and 5 first then load 3 and thought maybe it was a week primer, after clearing the barrel and all of the powder I shot load 4 and it acted like load 3 for a second then after the boolit was in the barrel it went off. luckly it didn't hutr me or the gun. but I wouldn't recommend it in a 38 spl.
    hopefully this might help someone who reads it, seems the powder needs a crimped bullet with the powder held aginst a hot primer to work good. if I had used some Dacron or something for filler to compress it a bit it might have shot normal but for now ill use what power pistol or unique that I have.
    again hope it helps someone out. and if anyone has any loads they been using please let me know and let us know if it works good for you. thank you to all who reads this , hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
    GOD BLESS,
    Darrell

Moderator Emeritus

From an old thread I started: Thread is here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...h-a-tech-today

I got the chance to talk to an Alliant tech today about a couple of things.

1.) Alliant 410 - He said it has not been marketed as a magnum handgun powder because pressures climb as temperatures drop. He hinted that Lil'gun behaved that way too but that Hodgdon had chosen to release handgun data for it. He said starting loads for 2400 should be safe with 410 but to watch pressures carefully as maximums were approached and temps drop.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

14g of it with the 314299 shot good in my 30-06.I got 4# about 4 years ago and tried thst load and its all I ever used it for.it was about 1500 I believe.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    6gn 410 in the 22 CCM with the NEI #2 48gn boolit.

thanks for the replies I sure appreciate it.
    wiljen I had read that thread before but couldn't find it since I started workin up loads. thanks for that,

HARRYMPOPE, I sure appreciate that load as I load for 30-06, I don't have that boolit but have a lee 200gr , and a lyman 311284 I think , its 220 gr also have the lee 230 gr blackout mould , and I don't have a blackout chambered gun lol.
    did you use any filler with that load?

BullShop, I also appreciate that load , I don't have a 22ccm , but I did just trade for an h&r 733 in 32 s&w long that I will be loading for soon as I get dies and moulds and brass, it gives me an idea as to where to start if I try 410 in it.

anyway thanks for thee replies. I sure appreciate em. hope youall have a great week. take care.
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell