RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could really use some thoughts and prayers for myself and family

Boolit Bub

I could really use some thoughts and prayers for myself and family

Dear Castboolits family: I am writing to ask if you could please keep your thoughts and prayers for my family and I. After having dinner at my parents, my mother and I went to the grocery store to buy some desert. We were gone a maximum of ten minutes and when we returned my dad was in the bathtub hunched over and not breathing. His lips were blue, and no pulse was detected.

I started CPR while the ambulance was called, and could still not detect a pulse. The paramedics worked on him for 20 minutes before they were able to get a pulse. At this point he is breathing on his own, but his liver and kidneys are not working on their own. The doctor said that the kidneys and liver can recover, but given the amount of time he was without oxygen to the brain there is a 1% change at coming out of the coma and living a normal life again.

This is the hardest thing I have been through in my life, and only the second family death. The first being my Grandfather when I was eight years old. We are going to keep him on the machine until Friday to see if there is any improvement of any sort. I don't think we fully comprehend what is happening, but most likely don't want to accept the facts. Sorry for writing a novel, but writing has helped clear my mind some. Thank you to all for taking the time to read this, and once again if you have time please try to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you and god bless,

Alvin

am praying for you and yours

No novel and no worries about the length. Prayer is good, intelligent prayer is better. And we are praying for you and the family. Please keep us updated.
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Prayers in the name Of Jesus Christ for your fathers recovery, and for peace for you and your family. Ken
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Prayers in the name Of Jesus Christ for your fathers recovery, and for peace for you and your family. Ken
    Same here, God Bless and prayers sent.
    H/D

Boolit Grand Master
    Praying right now for your Dad.

Ben

Banned

Heavenly father be with our brother and his family in this time of need. Guide his dr's hands as they make his father whole.
    In your name i pray amen.

Andy

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning Alvin
    I will also pray for God's desires to be accomplished. That all of you will be lead by His wisdom with the decisions to be made. May His peace surround your lives.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Prayers said...

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Galena Guru

consider it done

Jack
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

I'm praying for you and your family. My God give you the strength and comfort ya'll need.

Mark.

Boolit Master

It is a loving, kind and gentle God who holds your fathers life in his hands
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

My prayers are for you and your family- find peace and strength in this time of need- may your father recover his strength and wisdom and be with you again-
    thank you for turning to your CastBoolits Family when you need help and wisdom- peace be with you-
    Chuck
    358wcf

Boolit Buddy
    I had the same thing happen to my cousin a few years ago. She went into cardiac arrest early in the morning and her husband woke up and found she wasn't breathing. She was in a coma on life support and after three weeks the hospital was basically going to kick her out into a nursing home or wherever else the family wanted. There were no nursing homes that would take her and reluctantly, her husband made the decision to take her off life support. It was a very conflicting time emotionally and we all knew that she wouldn't want to live on life support for years and years and the family agreed with the decision. They stopped all medications, removed all the tubes and about eight hours later she woke up and said "I'm hungry." Miracles do happen and she is more or less normal now.

I will be praying for you.
    Anything that produces some sort of an explosion, can't be all bad.

44minimum

Boolit Master
    Thoughts and prayers for your dad, you and the rest of your family.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

My prayers go out for you and your dad and family.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Prayers sent your way.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Prayer sent for your father and your family.

Boolit Grand Master

Lord you are all wise and all knowing, we are limited and selfish. We see what we want and cannot know your will. I simply ask that your will be done in this family and that you provide comfort and acceptance of that will.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    So sorry. I went through a similar situation with my Dad. He was 78 years old and in very poor shape when he lapsed into a coma. My sisters and I had to ask our selves.....What would we want done if we were in the same situation. My father had lived a fantastic life and to see him tied to a machine and incoherent for years was simply not what we would want.

We spent lots of time with our priest at church before we made the decision to remove all machines and let God take him.

It was tough at the time but in hindsight it was the best decision. Sometimes we get in the way of God's will.......
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast