Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: checking interest in $10-11.00 a LB hi quality powder

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD Green 1st PC attempt 2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	210196

My 1st attempt at powder coating. I cast these yesterday for the first time in over 45 years (long story). I enjoyed casting these more than I did in the early 70's, and powder coating with Smoke4320's products was fantastic - much better than lubing back in the 70's. Thanks Jim.

Banned
    You haven't lost your touch, those look good.
    I also am not a big fan of lube.

Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    Thanks for the reply NewbieDave007. So I take it that something like aluminum window screen would be too fine of a mesh? I haven't seen the non-stick foil, but I'm assuming it isn't hard t find. Based on people's statements about using it several times, it sounds like a roll of it would about last a lifetime...
    Pretty much any store that sells groceries or any big box store like Walmart, Target etc. will have nonstick foil. I just by the store brand as it's cheaper and works just as well, the local chain store has 2 rolls on sale for $5 this week.

Boolit Mold
    i would be interested in the black and red 1lb each

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtwrangler7 View Post
    i would be interested in the black and red 1lb each
    You stumbled across an old thread, Smoke is now a vendor here and here is the current page with colors, pricing etc. I strongly recommend his powders, if it won't work, he doesn't sell it. See what you want, the trial packs are great, and post on this thread and/or Pm Smoke with your order.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...owder-For-sale
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    This is just a preliminary feeler for interest in Hi quality Polyester PC Powder
    have been working on a local supplier and finally got someone willing to cut me enough to hopefully make this work to all our advantage ..
    Right now I am looking at gloss black and gloss red..

packaging is the big hold up ..
    Zip lock Freezer bags are cheap and fit into a priority mail box real nice (double bagged of course and will of course hold the price down to min levels
    If I have to get screw type containers you are adding at least $2.00 to the costs plus will make the packages larger and probably cost more as well ..

So I am asking if I can pull this off and ship in double plastic freezer bags for $10.00 to $11.00 a pound plus shipping of course would you be interested ?
    Hi are you still doing the powders❓ This post is from 2014. Thanks wanting to get started. Reed

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoair View Post
    Hi are you still doing the powders❓ This post is from 2014. Thanks wanting to get started. Reed
    Yes he has and we have been buying double ziplock bagged containers since this thread started. Hidden right there in the Swappin n Sellen forum: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ets&highlight=

Last update was today. Prices have gone up though since 2014, but rest assured whatever he sells has been tested for the tumble coating method. GOOD STUFF!
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789