Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun shop for the bold

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't read the link but I've been to enough terrible gun stores. I think my biggest pet peeve besides being in there and window shopping and the owner angry at me for doing so is any time when a potential ban might happen they jack the prices. There excuse "we have to make a living" Funny how most gun shops want to just sell guns and ammo and don't want to even try to sell anything else. Like custom kydex holster or hunting gear or better optics or even better apparel. Out of the LGS ive been too they are bullhead and im always surprised why they are able to stay in business.

My philosophy has always been "A Good Salesman adjusts prices as market indicates, a Great Salesman doesn't need its top sellers to stay in business"

Because of all the crud ive seen it has inspired me to start my own LGS. Nothing on the books yet but everyone has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I didn't click on the link, but the tone of some of these comments posted, and then the mention of Norfolk, VA, that could only mean ONE dealer..... With the initals of RH. Am I onto the right track here??
    You hit the nail on the head... I don't have a problem but I also don't have any tattoos. He did tell me not to buy a 1911 the first time I was there, and that the only combo for defense and target shooting I would need is a 22 pistol and 12 gauge shotgun. To quote The Big Lebowski, "Your not wrong Walter, your just an @#$hole"
    You better watch where you go and remember where you been
    That's the way I see it I'm a Simple Man. - Charlie Daniels
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Funny stuff guys. There is a shop here in NW Arkansas that is mainly an indoor range. Had heard owner was a bit ornery. Daughter and I were in the area and as I was wanting to find another range, we went in. Was mid afternoon fair number of cars in the lot. Walked up to counter, waited a couple of minutes till the owner finished talking to another old fart (I am one too) asked me what I wanted, I told him that I was looking for a range and what was his hours. Straight way told me that I could not shoot if I wanted to as it was club night Quickly told him I didn't have my guns, but he was extremely gruff and gave me the impression I should just be gone. I'm pretty easy to get along with and even my daughter was surprised at his really pissy attitude. I'll never go back and I'll enjoy telling everyone about the experience. And I have no tatts

Boolit Master

Is this the guy that has "GUNS" written on the roof in the shingles?

I just did a mapsearch; yep, it's him. 100% total a$$hat.
    Last edited by Bloodman14; 04-23-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    You want to experience rude, go the Specialty Sports in Colorado Springs. I won't go back

Boolit Grand Master

I don't need my hand held in a gunshop or any other shop for that matter but I don't expect rude treatment or being treated like a fool either. One of our LGS did both to me one day. I won't buy anything from them again. Once in awhile I stop by and go in to listen to the bad advice and treatment they give other customers just to remind myself why I don't buy there.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

A decent personality is what makes me return as a customer.

It make be "cool" because he likes you... Good for you.

It's one thing to have your hand held and another to ask for a personable conversation to be had.

Oh well, my money not his and it'll stay that way. Never been there, nor live in the area so no dog in this fight. I buy all of my guns through a smaller "hunting center" here in MI called Randy's. It's like a smaller gander mountain where the staff actually knows what they are talking about and don't feel the need to ensure that you know they know.

Randy is a grade A guy. Just a good ol boy who doesn't mind stopping over to say Hi. In addition to joking around and having a conversation about x or y. Randy has gotten all of my gun $ for the last 4-5 years now. Prices are on par with everyone else and as a result I don't even shop anywhere else.

Oh well...

Boolit Master
    If he reads these comments he will no doubt realise that trying to sound tough has made him laughing stock.

I look at the link and it been many years I was around that area. it was when I was station in Norfolk. Boy that area change and not for the best also for how it sounds.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Moderator Emeritus

when I lived in the area I went into Ron's shop. Once. you couldn't pay me to go there again. The man is as abrasive as one grit sandpaper...
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    I have been in several bad gun shops, if they are rude I don't buy anything.

But by far THE BEST gun shop I have ever been in is Williams Gun Shop in Auburn Michigan. Every time I have been in there it has been full of people but I always got service if needed and was always asked if I needed help. If you are ever in the area stop into that shop. They sell a lot on gunbroker also.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master
    Funny, thing is in Central Florida the biggest gun shop has a chain of at least 4 stores and they are always nice to me. They even have decent prices, thats probally why they sell so many guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
    I have been in several bad gun shops, if they are rude I don't buy anything.

But by far THE BEST gun shop I have ever been in is Williams Gun Shop in Auburn Michigan. Every time I have been in there it has been full of people but I always got service if needed and was always asked if I needed help. If you are ever in the area stop into that shop. They sell a lot on gunbroker also.

Boolit Buddy
    One of the best was Green's Gunshop in Oak Harbor Washington. Mr & Mrs Green and their daughter knew about guns, welcome you in and I had many fun afternoons shooting on the range and the kids liked to talk to Mrs Green and her weener dogs.

Still a good source for Hawken parts, Daton Traister triggers and parts. Its just a good ole time gunstore.

I wish I was closer but the drive from Buffalo is a killer.

Paul in WNY
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

There is a decent shop called Bob's Gun Shop.... they have a decent supply of reloading stuff, sometimes melters, and a small selection of molds. Nice people too. R H is my backup when bobs doesn't have what I want
    You better watch where you go and remember where you been
    That's the way I see it I'm a Simple Man. - Charlie Daniels
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

OK, Others here have mentioned their local shops that they are happy with so I'll give the name of the shop I wrote about in my post #19.

ZX Gun, in Goshen & Fort Wayne, Indiana, quality personal, quality merchandise, very helpful without being pushy, they go out of their way to give one service. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, 10.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

RH only stocks IMR powders last time I stopped in, can't see what else is in stock for all the stuff piled up, I just gave up on stopping in there. Think they'd rather just sell fishing stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12