Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit buy Harbor Freight's red powder coating!

Boolit Buddy

Quit buy Harbor Freight's red powder coating!

Please! I put my order in back in January 30 when it was on sale for 3.99 and they put it on back order for April 14, now I just got a noticed that due to the high demand my order was going to be pushed back another 30 days! I don't have a store near me so it has to be ordered so I am stuck. I was tempted to cancel but at 3.99 a pound, the 10 lbs I ordered represents too much saving to cancel. So if everyone would quit buying red they might be able to fill my order.

Boolit Buddy

Join the crowd.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    10#? No wonder!
    'You coating boolits for 3 or 4 gun clubs, or are you PC'ing an old Mustang that you're restoring?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I can go to any store here..... there's usually 3-8 lbs there on the shelf in red alone.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    from the looks of it there are lot of people buying more than me, I did it because of price, 3.99 a lb is hard to beat when compared to other brands at 14.00 a lb. The closest store for me is over 50 miles so that is out of the question, when you live out in the sticks you learn to buy in bulk because you can not run to the store every time you need it.

I buy at 5.50 I think it was per pound. Got some red, white, yellow and black. Couldn't resist. Wife forced me to buy 3lbs of red.
    Using Tapatalk

Tell ya what. I'll buy you a lb or two and ship it out of I remember to buy some the next time I stop.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    I'd just bite the bullet and grab a lb from All Powders. They are cheaper than PBTP and work just as well.

Banned

They have good pricing. I have been using Columbia Coatings which has similar pricing.

I just picked up 4lbs each of red and black at my local HF, I didnt bother with the white or yellow

Doc

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I feel for you guys that are out there and do not have access to the "evil" HF stores!!!!!!

I have on less than a mile from the house and at least 4 more within 20 miles. And more are being built!

The all have powder on the shelf all the time. But we as a group are draining their stock in CA warehouse!

Good luck finding it. You might check with some of your buddies to see if they live close to a store and have them get a bottle or two. A bottle lasts a VERY LONG TIME!

banger

Boolit Grand Master

An aside; What kind of container does the All Powders powder come in? I bought some powder from one vendor and it came in plastic bags. Way messy for this guy...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    An aside; What kind of container does the All Powders powder come in? I bought some powder from one vendor and it came in plastic bags. Way messy for this guy...
    Base price comes in a plastic bag but I think you can pay an extra buck or something for a tub. Can always take a used food container to put it in, or a coffee can or something like that.

I went to our grocery store back when I got into PC and asked them if they would sell me the 1qt/2lbs plastic tubs that potatoe salad and cole slaw are put in. The lady said she had never been asked that bofre and so she called the store manager. Offered me a sleeve of 25 plastic tubs with lids for ten cents each. Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post
    Base price comes in a plastic bag but I think you can pay an extra buck or something for a tub. Can always take a used food container to put it in, or a coffee can or something like that.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    It appears most on-line powder joints ship in little plastic bags. I do not use their stuff, ($25/# is just too much for something I send downrange), but everything I have seen and read indicates plastic bags. Could be messssssssy!

I stick with HF powder off the shelves of my local (5) stores.

banger

Boolit Master

Mr. Hanleyfan,

Please accept my apologies. I purchased one last week. I was unaware of your problem. I will only use white and yellow until your order is filled. I know that in return for my support, you will stop using Bullseye, Unique, HP38, Tightgroup and other pistol powders until I get my supplies.
    I go to HF on Mondays. It is next to the 99cent store where I get my shaving cream targets! I would be happy to pick some up for you if it is holding up your boolit production.

Boolit Master
    Tell ya what, you lay off the 22's, I'll back off the red.

Boolit Buddy
    Well guys it is not me buying all the powder, primers, and shells, I have not bought any since this crazy stuff started. I had a nice stock pile before this shortage started and will last me good many years to come.

Boolit Master
    I suppose that makes sense since you buy ten pounds of powder coat at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    Mr. Hanleyfan,

Please accept my apologies. I purchased one last week. I was unaware of your problem. I will only use white and yellow until your order is filled. I know that in return for my support, you will stop using Bullseye, Unique, HP38, Tightgroup and other pistol powders until I get my supplies.
    I go to HF on Mondays. It is next to the 99cent store where I get my shaving cream targets! I would be happy to pick some up for you if it is holding up your boolit production.
    Opps, sorry... that would be me buying up all the powder... I think im done for a while now though, at least for this lifetime.
    I hope the guys that are buying up all the 22lr's dont find out about HF Red.... there would be a black market for HF powder

Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast