Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got fed up with the Froglube pushers .

Boolit Mold

Got fed up with the Froglube pushers .

Froglube is the bomb -Froglube rules- Froglube is the best - Blah-blah-yakkety-yak . Ok Told the buddies I was gonna give it a torture test that I knew would probably fail . I casted up some 9mm a couple years ago , when I was working up a new lube . Of course I made too many , I always do , but usually I don't have problems . The lube was ok, load was pretty accurate , but they leaded the heck out of my Walther P99c. I would get slivers of lead from the bore when I Choreboy'd it, nasty . I got the issue sorted out and just quit sizing the boolits , but still had a couple boxes I was saving for the apocalypse or something . SO , on to the Froglube challenge . Got a kit, treated the Walther and the bore , took it out , ran 200 (the rest of the smearing boolits I had ) Checked the bore periodically as I shot and didn't notice anything major but the normal dulling you get shooting cast and Unique . Got back home and inspected the bore closer , ran a choreboy brush through it , and what do ya know . I'm flipping impressed . Very little and very tiny barely visible bits . I would call it virtually NO leading at all . A couple passes , a patch , and shiny bore
    Granted , it is a one gun test , not entirely exhaustive , but pretty darned impressive . Smells better than Ballistol too! I'm not dumping the ballistol yet , but I am going to run the rest of my 9's with it , including a carbine , and see where that takes me.

Boolit Master

WTH is frog lube frog-lube, froglube? Why do frogs need to be lubed??☺¿
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

So you're relying on the oil in your bore to prevent leading? Or am I reading this wrong? I use Ballistol on all my firearms and have no leading because I use the proper bullet lube.

It's what us Frenchmen use

Boolit Mold
    Trust me , I have made all those comments . However I gotta steal the frenchmen line ... Excellent . No I don't rely on it , I just tested it . I have been at this stuff too long to put a bonafide stamp on anything . It worked very well in this instance , with something I had that reacted one way without, and another way with . That's it . Like I said , ain't dumping my ballistol. Heck I'm almost as old as ballistol lol . It just might be an option for some folks to give a whirl . It isn't really an oil either . Some kind of minty fresh , non toxic stuff that works its way into the metal . I just found that it really seems to work as advertised , which is something we don't come across too often .
    http://froglube.com/

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    WTH is frog lube frog-lube, froglube? Why do frogs need to be lubed??☺¿
    No he used loobe but sized them wrong which caused leading and not sizing solved the problem. The frog lube help eliminate leading on the remaining 200 rounds he had.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Banned

I wonder if those boolits just age-hardened in the couple of years since you loaded them, or if the FL actually helped the lead dust from gas cutting just blow out without sticking.

Remember the PB Blocker stuff? It was supposed to prevent lead from sticking if you warmed the barrel and swabbed that stuff through it. Didn't work at all for me, but it was different stuff than FL for sure. There may be some validity to the concept yet, with the right "stuff".

Gear

Vendor Sponsor

If somebody can figure out a way to make soft lube using frog lube, you could lube the boolit and season the bore with every shot fired. I would definitely be game to trying that. It could be to the bore what RainX is to a windshield.. Good stuffs..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I was thinking age hardening as I read his post too.

Guy at the gun show tried giving me a hard sell on frog lube. I told him giving me a sample to try would be a better way to sell it if it works like he claims. He didn't give me a sample & I ain't tried it. I don't have to buy anything "for" gun lube. Always have grease and oil in the shop its always worked good for mine. 10$ to try a couple ounces seems ridiculous to me.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Banned

Most people I know have taken the FL and threw it in the trash. It gums up everything when it is cold out. You do know that it is meant for lubing a roller coaster rails right?

Vendor Sponsor

freebullet, I was skeptical too, but I ponied up and bought a bottle. The stuff has one amazing property, it can and will spread like anti-sieze. Anti-sieze = you use it at work on bolts and nuts, sparingly, you wash your hands, clean everything, making SURE there is none of it on you, get in your truck, and there is a blob of it on the seat. Go figure..

I can put one single drop on each slide rail, and it completely covers both rails and even the locking lugs by the next time I look at it. The stuff moves. It crawls, it creeps, it permeates anything and everything it comes in contact with. One thing about lubricant, it does absolutely no good on the parts that aren't rubbing, a lubricant has to be on the parts that touch and create friction, and the frog lube does find a way of coating those places. Other than that, I have no idea if it really does what they say it does or not, but no other gun oil creeps around like it does.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

10 Posts and I still have no idea what frog lube is.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Frog lube is one of those latest greatest gun lubes. Supposed to be the magic voodoo of cleaning and lubricating your firearms. Biodegradable, non-toxic etc.

http://froglube.com/

Vendor Sponsor

Rick it is some over advertised lube that some guy invented or discovered, figured out he could make a lot more $$ if he "sold" shooters on the idea of a. the solvent, b. frog lube, and they hyped the daylights out of this stuff. I can't say it don't work, can't say it does, I got some of it and tried it and well, I don't really know what to say about it other than I use it here and there and it seems to do okay.

Boolit Grand Master

Ok, gun lube. I went back to re-read the OP. Gun lube not boolit lube?

I've tried too many latest greatest space age whiz bang stuff over the years, think I'll let the frogs keep it.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Amphibian version of snake oil, I guess.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Ok, gun lube. I went back to re-read the OP. Gun lube not boolit lube?

I've tried too many latest greatest space age whiz bang stuff over the years, think I'll let the frogs keep it.

Rick

Amen plus it's way over prised.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Banned

There three non-toxic CLPs that I use are Ballistol, Frog Lube and Gunzilla. All of these work real good. Will never give up on Ballistol. Got a half gallon on the way.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Not going to change my life style to use their product as they say it should be used. "You must do this and not do this " What a PITA
    Same road with balistol.... not believing it Nice idea........ but!
    Where does Ballistol say "you have to do this but don't do that." You wipe/spray it on everything and you're done. It's not a great powder solvent but it's a better CLP then CLP. Plus there are no harsh chemicals in it. This is off topic but I started using Ballistol last year on everything and won't be w/out it now.

OK guys, too many of you are under-informed on this stuff. Frog Lube really is THAT GOOD!

I have been using it for the last two years and have been converting all of my guns to it.

First: It is slick as snot!

Second: It prevents rust completely.

There are two basic types. Liquid and Paste. The paste is simply thicker liquid.

What you do with the stuff is clean your gun parts and then smear the Frog Lube on. Then heat the parts with a heat gun which opens the pores of the metal and the Frog Lube penetrates into those pores and stays there. Or you can lay them out in the sun or use a hair dryer. You put it on everything on the gun. I use a small artists paint brush or a Q-tip to apply the stuff.

You then wipe off the excess and use the rag for wiping down guns after you handle them if you don't want to waste any.

Once treated with this stuff the sliding surfaces are noticeably slicker, the gun will not rust no matter if you leave it in a bucket of water. Our distributor in SoCal has a 1911 that has all of the bluing removed. The gun was treated several years ago and lives in a bucket of water while at gun shows. When the show is over she dumps the water out and puts the gun in the bucket until the next show. It is the slickest 1911 I have ever handled!, and there is not one perfect Iota of rust anywhere on that gun and I have seen it probably 5 times in the last two years.

I did my Glock 35 first two years ago. I did every part. When I racked the slide the first time after reassembling I almost ripped the slide off the gun. It was so much slicker it was ridiculous! I have not cleaned this gun beyond wiping the powder residue off the outside and inside with a paper towel. Probably 2000 rounds fired.

Nothing sticks to this stuff!

They also have $1 sample tubes of the stuff and I used 1/2 of one to do both the G35 and then my G21. A little goes a long way.

I am slowly converting all of my guns to this lubricant. Even my high $ shotguns. It is that good!

I realize that some may be skeptical of new fangled things like replacements for oil and grease. But in this case the stuff works better and it damn sure smells better.

This is one you really should try. If you go big and buy the $25 kit it contains a tub of paste and a bottle of liquid and a rag. It will last you for the rest of your life unless you spill it.

I know that I have convinced most all of you by now, so just do it!

The stuff really works! YMMV if you can't follow instructions.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 04-19-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast