RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could we put a bold line between stickies and new posts?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    By using the NEW POSTS heading you never see the stickies.
    Hmmm... I gotta check into that
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Grand Master

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...s-amp-Stickies Already have a stickies section, just move some of the slower threads here. Personally, I can scroll down to the new threads and it don't wear out my mouse nor cramp my finger (some things just ain't important)...

Hmm, where be the "New Posts" heading?
    Last edited by mdi; 04-20-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Maybe we could stick this thread too!
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Banned

Well?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetzer View Post
    We need a subforum for discussing which threads should be stickies.

Banned

I know!

Test it out on one forum! See how we like it.

Boolit Master
    agreeing with what most have been saying..

Banned

so what's the hold up? Mods not know about it?

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing is done quickly around here so I wouldn't sweat it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetzer View Post
    If it don't qualify it don't like much !!!

Banned

I can wait a bit....

Boolit Master
    I for one am happy with things the way they are. I do not find it too inconvenient to simply scroll down to where the headings in bold start each day. Just remember to mark that forum as "all read" when you have perused it. If we make a forum and dump all the stickies in there, in order to find what people said in relation to a particular subject we will have to scroll through many threads and they are not always clearly identified. The alternative is a forum with sub-forums to ID the stickies from each forum discipline. In my opinion----it aint really broke so leave it alone!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

No, the solution is to have one sticky at the top of each forum. In that one thread will be links to all the "stuck" threads pertinent to that forum. This is how almost every other forum does it.

There is no need for a sticky forum. There is no need for a sub forum for stickies. On other forums the moderators for that particular subforum are the ones responsible for managing the stickies and updating the main thread when necessary.

Here is the perfect example of one(I've been a member of this forum for 12+years now): http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ore-posting***

And since this forum is broken down into individual subjects it would be easy to manage. Unlike the example I posted which covers the MKIV VWs which are practically Legos that came in a variety of forms with a lot of different options.

It's fine for me the way it is. Letters are in bold when I have not read them. Simple works for me.
    Don

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    No, the solution is to have one sticky at the top of each forum. In that one thread will be links to all the "stuck" threads pertinent to that forum. This is how almost every other forum does it.

There is no need for a sticky forum. There is no need for a sub forum for stickies. On other forums the moderators for that particular subforum are the ones responsible for managing the stickies and updating the main thread when necessary.
    Don't know how to break it to you, especially with your vast years of experience here, but this is NOT "every other forum."

If you want "every other forum," they're not hard to find.

First and foremost, going back to when Shooter.com was about to vacate itself, this forum was set up as an INFORMATIONAL FORUM first and foremost. Since then, it has somehow managed to remain an INFORMATIONAL FORUM on casting boolits in spite of the unadulterated wisdom, experience and sheer ability of new members who have been casting for all of twenty or so months.

So there are a lot of stickies. There is a reason for that and that would be because THEY CONTAIN INFORMATION INHERENT TO SUCCESSFUL CASTING OR RELOADING OR MOLD MODIFICATION OR LUBE DEVELOPMENT.

It is often suggested to those new to casting to read the stickies in order to know WHAT questions to ask and in most cases, NEGATING the need to ask questions, especially the same questions.

I'm also sorry, per a previous quote of yours, that "nothing ever happens very fast around here." Quite honestly, I don't think the moderators give a rat's rear end that you're concerned that "nothing every happens very fast around here."

There is also an aggregate age here that is far older than some of the youngsters here whose cell phones and iPads are their surrogate thumbs and security blankets. Not all members here, old and new, understand the technical savvy about linking to this, and subforuming to that, etc etc. That has been ANOTHER strong goal of this forum--to keep it USER FRIENDLY for folks who have somehow managed to live the majority of their lives without every electronic device known to man.

No surprise whatsoever that so many of the older members continue to leave.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Don't know how to break it to you, especially with your vast years of experience here, but this is NOT "every other forum."

First and foremost, going back to when Shooter.com was about to vacate itself, this forum was set up as an INFORMATIONAL FORUM first and foremost. Since then, it has somehow managed to remain an INFORMATIONAL FORUM on casting boolits in spite of the unadulterated wisdom, experience and sheer ability of new members who have been casting for all of twenty or so months.

So there are a lot of stickies. There is a reason for that and that would be because THEY CONTAIN INFORMATION INHERENT TO SUCCESSFUL CASTING OR RELOADING OR MOLD MODIFICATION OR LUBE DEVELOPMENT.

It is often suggested to those new to casting to read the stickies in order to know WHAT questions to ask and in most cases, NEGATING the need to ask questions, especially the same questions.

I'm also sorry, per a previous quote of yours, that "nothing ever happens very fast around here." Quite honestly, I don't think the moderators give a rat's rear end that you're concerned that "nothing every happens very fast around here."

There is also an aggregate age here that is far older than some of the youngsters here whose cell phones and iPads are their surrogate thumbs and security blankets. Not all members here, old and new, understand the technical savvy about linking to this, and subforuming to that, etc etc. That has been ANOTHER strong goal of this forum--to keep it USER FRIENDLY for folks who have somehow managed to live the majority of their lives without every electronic device known to man.

such negativity and resistance to change, are you always this cheery?

Banned

I suggested just try one place to try it and see what it looks like and how it does.

Banned
    Wow, really? Quite the disrespectful remark, Recluse.

And basically saying go somewhere else...I'd always thought higher of you as a poster here.

Reading your reply I can see why not only "older members" would want to leave but new members wouldn't want to post.
    Several members brought up to maybe do a little house cleaning with the stickies, something I agree with btw. No ones suggesting a complete overhaul of this forum or deleting the stickies. Simply making navigating a bit easier.
    Then you swoop in, make some rather arrogant & demeaning comments as if your word is the last...pshaw.

Banned

not sure about anyone else, but I come here to converse with other like minded individual and relax and have some fun.

If this board were nothing but an information thread, I can assure you we would not have the active membership we have now.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ya know, there is just a great big dandy chance that no one on staff even knows this thread exists. Did anyone ever think to contact one of them to bring the idea to their attention? If you think staff sees every thread, the answer is, uh, NO!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast