I want to start making my own lube.
    Do I run my bullets thru luber-sizer, sans lube, first, then
    pan lube?
    Or pan lube them first, then size?
    Or does it matter?
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Pan lube first, then size
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    For plain base lube first then size. If I'm applying gas checks I size first regardless of how I am going to lube them.

Recently I have been having success by using a Lee push through sizer then tumble lubing my boolits. I am only using plain base boolits currently.
    I know many will say this is just wrong but it works for me. I haven't had any issues with this for several weeks now.

Boolit Master
    Recently I have been having success by using a Lee push through sizer then tumble lubing my boolits. I am only using plain base boolits currently.
    I know many will say this is just wrong but it works for me. I haven't had any issues with this for several weeks now.
    General wisdom is that there should be some lube for the sizing die to work with, lest the boolits lead it up. I lube my plain based TL boolits before sizing, then lube again afterward. For pan lubed boolits, pan-lube, size and shoot. I also like a thin layer of 45-45-10 in addition to the standard lube, especially on 9mm boolits. This is done after sizing, obviously. When applying GCs, I don't lube the boolits first. THe scraping action of the GC is gonna keep the die clean, plus I use a little lube on a q-tip to keep the die in shape. This is new for me, though–I always used to lube, then apply GCs. Seems as though they probably hold a bit better on dry metal.

it can depend upon several factors ..... when i pan lube i do not use a kake kutter , i use the "whack it crack it" method ,for me they come out clean ( properly done ,to be fair i sometimes have to alter the temp of the cake when i do this for best results depending upon the lube ) so these i size first ,if you use a kake kutter method then sizing afterwards cleans up any extra lube on the sides ( sides only you may still have to wipe excess of the base and nose ) the best answer is try both and see what works best for you and your style [shrugz]
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by srk View Post
    Hi
    This may sound dumb.
    I want to start making my own lube.
    Do I run my bullets thru luber-sizer, sans lube, first, then
    pan lube?
    Or pan lube them first, then size?
    Or does it matter?
    Thanks
    No criticizim intended, just an attempt to clarify as maybe I am missing something.
    Your question indicates that you have a "luber-sizer". Or do you possibly mean "Sizing Die"?
    If you have a "luber-sizer", that would indicate that you can size and lube in one operation and do not need to pan lube as the bullet is already sized AND lubed.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software