Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bond Arms Snake Slayer

Bond Arms Snake Slayer

So one of these Bond Arms Snake Slayers finally made it home today! I wasn't going to pay retail for one or anywhere close, so one popped up used at the local gun shop yesterday, like new condition with the ankle holster included, box and paperwork and a very reasonable price. To be honest, I have no idea why, but I have wanted one of these since the first time I laid eyes on one years ago, so I picked it up today.

I have read the reviews and watched some of the videos online, but as with everything you can find a review to say just about anything if you find the right one. This is the model that will take the 3" 410s and of course the 45 Colt.

Anybody got any experience with one of these? Factory ammo recommendations for the 410s (I don't reload shotgun ammo)? Pet loads for 45LC that works well in this hand cannon? Also the book says shotshells, but has anyone tried 410 slugs in one of these?

Attachment 102675

Attachment 102676
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ZmanWakeForest

A good parent prepares the child for the path, not the path for the child.

Perma-Banned

all i can say is that i have shot one, and i am glad that one is yours.
    i would use it as a bludgeon before i would shoot one again.

I had one, only had it for the .410 capability. Shot some 45 colt Winchester PDX1 225gr personal defense ammo through it, once. Recoil wasn't a big issue, just different manual arms and trigger than I'm used to, couldnt print on paper without major focus. .410 OO buck did fine out to 5 yards or so on IDPA style backer, after that, everyone became a target.

Quote Originally Posted by 300savage View Post
    all i can say is that i have shot one, and i am glad that one is yours.
    i would use it as a bludgeon before i would shoot one again.
    Why wouldn't you shoot one again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter7 View Post
    I had one, only had it for the .410 capability. Shot some 45 colt Winchester PDX1 225gr personal defense ammo through it, once. Recoil wasn't a big issue, just different manual arms and trigger than I'm used to, couldnt print on paper without major focus. .410 OO buck did fine out to 5 yards or so on IDPA style backer, after that, everyone became a target.
    Sounds like it will perform as advertised with the 00 bucks and that is what I would carry it with. Did you try any other shot style loads?

Quote Originally Posted by ZmanWakeForest View Post
    Sounds like it will perform as advertised with the 00 bucks and that is what I would carry it with. Did you try any other shot style loads?
    Tried some #6 too, off the edges of man sized target at 10ft. Mine was the snakeslayer IV. Ive considered another with the improved trigger but in another caliber, maybe .38spl or .40.

Boolit Master
    Always wanted one myself way cool factor well made, If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by monge View Post
    Always wanted one myself way cool factor well made, If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?
    Sent PM

Boolit Master
    I have an American Arms 45/410. Same basic thing. Like you, I just had to have one. (I want one of anything chambered in 45 Colt) lol
    410 slugs and 900+ fps 45's are "unpleasant". It's the dinky grip for me, just can't hang on to it. Mouse fart reloads are a hoot.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    I have an American Arms 45/410. Same basic thing. Like you, I just had to have one. (I want one of anything chambered in 45 Colt) lol
    410 slugs and 900+ fps 45's are "unpleasant". It's the dinky grip for me, just can't hang on to it. Mouse fart reloads are a hoot.
    This one has a great grip, don't think I will have any trouble hanging on to it especially with the rubber Hogue overgrip.

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Buddy
    Zman - great choice. You have the new model right there. Extra wide hammer with the new trigger and release latch. I got the new model SnakeSlayer IV with the Jumbo grips. Makes a nice boom with factory 45 Colt ammo. I hope to make some 45 cast and 3" 410 to test with it soon.
    No law ever stopped a criminal. If you disagree then you need to look up the word "criminal".

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Now how do you lose your rights? Do you see where I'm coming from . . .

Maybe y'all can get my dad to see this thread and tell you about trying to shoot 454s out of his bond arms. I think he tried some 460s as well..

Boolit Master
    Yup! I used one as a tent gun. It was literally loaded for bear. I loaded a 390gn boolit in 454 cases. Those Bond Arms guns are stout! The idea was that if a bear got on me while in my tent the short gun might still be able to swing and press in bear and make a hole clean through.
    For defense against predators of the human kind I put up tri ball loads in 460 S&W cases.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Yup! I used one as a tent gun. It was literally loaded for bear. I loaded a 390gn boolit in 454 cases. Those Bond Arms guns are stout! The idea was that if a bear got on me while in my tent the short gun might still be able to swing and press in bear and make a hole clean through.
    For defense against predators of the human kind I put up tri ball loads in 460 S&W cases.
    Yikes! That load will ruin your day.

He had a bruised his thumb for a month shooting it once.

Boolit Master
    Yea the bear load wasn't fun but had a purpose. The human predator load was easier to shoot. Two quick shots and six 45 cal holes drops oil pressure quick.

Boolit Master
    One of my friends has 4 Bond derringers. He loves them.

Boolit Master
    I think the one I shot was an American derringer in 45Colt/410. It was years ago that I shot it. I only shot it once and it was no fun at all. One Winchester silver tip 45 Colt and one 410 with 000buck. Pistol grip was small and really stung my hand and caused it to go numb for a little while. My friend bought it for his ccw gun to drop in his front pocket while he was hustling pool. It worked for him and that's all the matters I guess.

In Remembrance

A friend was given one for a retirement gift. We took turns firing it with the various ammos at his retirement party out at his bose's ranch. Few wanted seconds with it. I found it interesting, but impratical. He either sold or traded it after making sure it wouldn't hurt the boss's feelings. The boss is a good friend and admitted he thought it would be more practical of a gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast