MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: What did you score today?

Boolit Buddy

What did you score today?

Buddy of mine tells me the other day he's found a couple chunks of lead for me, weights of one of his old roundy round cages. Sweet! So I buzz over there to meet him for lunch at our favorite coffee / sandwich shop. The small one is about 4x4x12" & the big one 4x4x24". I'm not sure what they weight but they were sure throwing of my weight & balance coming home!

The smith working on my Swede action calls me saying its chambered & the front sight is on so I head down that way, pick it up & went to the other fun stores in town.

The second place I go to I ask if he had any Unique.. He kinda looks around & pulls a jug out from under the counter, says its his last one that he's been hiding until someone asked for it!

So while I was on a roll I asked him if he had any .22 & while he didn't have any LR, he did have some shorts so I got those for my dad's Winchester 1890 he's having restored. I give them to dad & he was happy as all get out, next time one of us are down we'll get another couple boxes.

So I'm tickled pink. Got a couple nice chunks of lead, my Swede action back a couple weeks early, some unique & some .22 shorts for dad's 1890.

What'd you score today?

Two pounds of IMR4227 and one pound of RL15!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

I got a hot plate for 5.88 on amazon. They matched my $13 in rewards!
    Using Tapatalk

Banned

got some shiny new primed imperial brass in 303 brit.
    and a neato muzzle brake for my 7.5 swiss rifle for 15 bucks.
    the wife tried to talk me into ordering her a 17 Remington rifle, or buy myself a 220 swift rifle.
    I somehow talked my way outta that.
    dunno how though, they had brass, bullets and a die set,,,, it was close.

Boolit Master
    5lbs of PB powder from Christensen reloading all the way out in Utah. Dunno how, but he shipped it for $15. Also called Dillon and they are sending me two tips for my primer magazine gratis. I'm happy(sigh)...

Boolit Master
    I found several pounds of red dot at bass pro. Picked up three for myself and was able to leave some on the shelf for others. Then a buddy asked me to pick up some for him and I got him a pound later. Feels good to leave some on the shelf for the next guy, but I probably couldn't have afforded much more anyway.

Handgun powder is hard to find nowadays!

got in 1000 pcs 9mm brass from Sgtonory. Wife was at yard sales and got a bag of .44 mag and .270 once fired brass (370 pcs) for $50 and a nib convection toaster oven for $20. Now I am going to try my hand at powder coating. It sure was a good day!
    Life member NRA since 1976

Moderator Emeritus

I got a rock... What did you expect, I live in New Jersey

Banned

are rocks legal there?

In New Jersey, rocks are legal but slings aren't. Goliath would be safe.

Yesterday, I scored a very old box of 940 Lyman .30 gas checks for $10. The store owner threw in a TC powder flask for $1.

Moderator Emeritus

^^^ sad part is what he said is true. Slingshots are considered dangerous weapons and are illegal. Can you imagine the horror of having someone shoot a slingshot at you and not being able to see the flash or hear the projectile when it was released? Primitive flash hider and suppressor weapon.

Vendor Sponsor

better not take that slingshot and 8 rocks to NY ..you will be a felon
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

I scored a new NOE mould this week, second one this month! Life is good on my little spot on the prairie.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Score 2 .380, 2 9mm and 1 45 acp at the range today. A month ago score 80 9mm at the same range. The Wife got to check out a couple of 22s a revolver in 22 mag, she didn't like that one. Then a S & W 22 that she loved, that is going to cost me now. LOL
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Scored a brick of .22 LR from local Field & Stream store for $25. Not exactly cheap but not too bad. Limit was 2 boxes of anything but couldn't really spend the extra $25.
    God Bless, Whisler

Banned

I don't live anywhere near new jersey or new York and both me and my dad got our sling shots confiscated by my mom.
    she mumbled something about 45 y.o and 65 y.o men [she might have said boy's] should know better than to stand in the street shooting fire-works at each other before walking in the house while shaking her head.
    I might get mine back next year when I hit 50.. if she remembers where she put them.

Boolit Grand Master

1k of Win primers for $39.95 and 2 boxes of 22lr for $4 each. The small lgs I went in always has primers and the 22lr was a german brand I hadn't heard of but I thought id try them out. They had a 2 box limit to give everyone a chance at it which is fine by me
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I picked up around half of a five gallon bucket of 223 rem brass. about a week ago I got a Lee 311 100 grain rn mould. a pleasing end to a long dry spell.
    The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.