MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation(s) for inside belt carry for 3" N-frame.

Boolit Buddy
    Ewwww?

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Ewwww?
    Expression of surprise, delight and admiration.

Boolit Buddy
    Gotcha, thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyM3 View Post
    OK! Now I got it. The product I initially looked at went down to 4" N-frame, but no shorter.

This is the little beast in question:

Attachment 102673

Add an inch, and you almost have a different gun.
    That is a BEAUTIFUL revolver. I like the combination of the round butt & grip adaptor, very classy.

Banned
    That Versamax looks like it could work well. I'd like a little more leather on the back of the holster to protect the gun & the user from each other. If you could get that big cylinder to ride just a little bit higher in the rig, like a Mitch Rosen ARG converted to a revolver, it would be more comfortable. The problem would be all of that weight above the belt. Don't know how secure it would be.
    INside the waistband and N-frame is a tough combination.

Groo here
    I have 4 3in n-frames, 41mag,44mag, and 2 45acp's.
    Simple rugged made me a 3in N frame holster with an open bottom so longer barrels could be used if needed.
    The pancake also has loops for inside-the pants carry.
    Very well made and at a good price.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, maybe not quite what you are looking for, but I have had great luck making my own crossbreed style holsters.

Bought a shoulder of saddle leather, some kydex, Chicago screws, and belt clips at my local Tandy leather store.

Made for my Glock 19 and my smith 640, and with some tweaking both are very secure, and totally comfortable. The one for the 640 went with it on a trade, but i wear my glock 19 everyday, all day like that with no problems or discomfort. Although your n frame is much larger, I imagine with some effort in design you could make your own like I did and have it be very comfortable.

Being left handed was the original reason I chose to try my own, because they were so hard to find, or took so long to wait for. Kind of the same thing for you, being that it is an unusual gun to carry these days.

Gorgeous N frame by the way and good luck!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by NLS1 View Post
    Well, maybe not quite what you are looking for, but I have had great luck making my own crossbreed style holsters.

Bought a shoulder of saddle leather, some kydex, Chicago screws, and belt clips at my local Tandy leather store.

Made for my Glock 19 and my smith 640, and with some tweaking both are very secure, and totally comfortable. The one for the 640 went with it on a trade, but i wear my glock 19 everyday, all day like that with no problems or discomfort. Although your n frame is much larger, I imagine with some effort in design you could make your own like I did and have it be very comfortable.

Being left handed was the original reason I chose to try my own, because they were so hard to find, or took so long to wait for. Kind of the same thing for you, being that it is an unusual gun to carry these days.

Gorgeous N frame by the way and good luck!

Dan
    Thanks, Dan. I may consider that option. I've got some of the gear around here somewhere for a try a something else that didn't quite make it to the top of the list.

I've tweaked, honed and parts-mixed this 24 just to the point of being dangerous it's so smooth to cycle. Kinda' silly, maybe, to carry so much weight and bulk, but I've got confidence in it and that counts for much.

Boolit Grand Master

Don't forget a good set of suspenders....those N-frames tend to drag your pants down. so does a full size steel 1911 in 45 acp. When I tightened my belt to the point they would stay up it felt like I cut the circulation off to lower body. It was uncomfortable to say the least. Suspenders help.
    Didn't take me long to wind up with a Airweight J-frame in 38 special.

I have this Lobo IWB for 3" N frame. I like it and got a OWB also. http://www.lobogunleather.com/

This is one of the Guns I use this holster for.

It works for this one too.

I preach carry 100% of the time so I practice what I preach. OWB Lobo

As Thomas Jefferson wrote, we must "prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them."

These suggestions certainly narrow the range for consideration. Now, to the home work.

There is, indeed, a lot of weight involved. I suppose only actual experience will tell.

Thank you, all, for your contributions to my search. There is nothing like experience to help keep one out of unnecessary dead ends.

Banned
    I carry a S&W 325PD 45acp in a Combat Master hi ride holster. I wear a banded bottom polo short, just like in my picture at left & it conceals just fine(I am carrying in that pic). I usually carry it slightly forward which hides the grip.

Your right about the pucker factor of a nice big hole pointing at someone, they do tend to sht & git.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12