Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Armalite T-62 Tommy Gun?

Boolit Master

T-62 Armalite

Deleted.

SOLD.
    Last edited by HiVelocity; 04-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/newr...0578&noquote=1

looks like it has some relation to the ar-7

Boolit Master

I'm not aware of this being a factory version, but I didn't search. AR-7s were supposedly popular for conversions by some in the 70's to an "assault style" if you want to call it that. There was a book, which you can still get from Paladin or one of those sort of publishers, that details the conversion of an AR-7 to an "assault system". In the end, it's still a .22lr platform, which is notorious for jams after 8-10 shots on a good day, so it's kind of silly.
    I am aware of a pistol version of the AR-7, which I've been on the looking for, just to have, cause it kind of looks like a Broomhandle, but other than that I have only seen the standard takedown rifles. I have an original Armalite .22 and a new Henry survival myself.

Bulldogger

Look's like a home brewed stock

from what i've founder herters outdoor supply sold them and a few other variations like broomhandles. Not 100% but i think herters may have been absorbed by cabelas.
    As far as the ar7 platform my buddy picked one up last summer for $100. it's picky on certain types of ammo with the magazines. The first thing he did was change to a newer mag and that helped the second thing he did was take the old mag and shim it up and back to make the feed ramp angle closer to the barrel.

In Remembrance

Yes, I remember wood stock versions being offered, just nothing like this as pictured - or WHY for that matter! I also seem to recall that there was a push to register the AR-7 as a pistol, because the stock was removable and the barrel could be cut short, never happened though.Robert

Boolit Mold
    I had a AR 7 carbine wooden stock not the fat floating stock seemed even lighter that the floating stock it was held in the stock with the normal stock screw through the pistol grip and a barrel band like a M-1 carbine it was made by Armilite in Costa Mesa ,Calif

Boolit Master

Folks, I just put this one up for sale on this forum. It appears from more research, that this particular rifle was made in 1962 for the movie industry [Get Smart series]. If it doesn't sell, I plan to put it into a violin case as a conversation piece.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.