Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starline .357 Maximum Brass

Boolit Master

Exclamation Starline .357 Maximum Brass

OK, I got your attention. At present anyone needing .357 Maximum brass is out of luck and at the mercy of Remington. If enough people start to haunt Starline Brass there is a chance they may have a run on the brass we need. rhayden@starlinebrass.com can start the ball rolling. They're busy, but money talks! It worth a shot!
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

In Remembrance
    Although the idea sounds just peachy do you have any idea what the cost per piece would be?

Some folks think that money is no object if they really want/need something bad enough, but I aint one of them.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

I read somewhere yesterday that Remington is supposed to do a run next month...it's on the Internet so it must be true. I have managed to collect 200 pieces from this forum in the last few months.

Boolit Master
    I read on Mike Bellm's site that Rem was supposed to do a run of it in May. I figure they need to do a bigger run than they typically do. Seems that it always sells out in just a few hours. If they do a run and I can get an order in I will probably try to buy a lifetime supply this go round.

Maybe ring Captech's chimes? (The old Jamison plpant under new management.)
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    I was way ahead of you I sent starline a request about two weeks ago,I hope alot of people e-mail them and try to convince them to do some runs of the max.Lets keep It up.....Dave

Boolit Master
    Either Mid South or Midway (maybe both) list it as out of stock If you order some they will not charge your card until it is shipped. Once enough backorders are received to make it profitable they will make a run.
    The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.

Boolit Master

I just sent starline a message about putting 357 max in there lineup. I hope if they see a window for some profit they will get on board.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Gosh, about ten years ago, I had 1,000 new cases that I thought I was going to wind up being stuck with. I like the 35 Remington so much more

Banned
    <-------been petitioning Starline for years...NO DICE YET I would gladly pay a premium for Starline 357MAX brass over the Rem stuff, but that is just me. The sad/weird thing is that Starline already has the basic tooling to make it, yet they do not. Some mysteries will never be solved I spose.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    Although the idea sounds just peachy do you have any idea what the cost per piece would be?

Some folks think that money is no object if they really want/need something bad enough, but I aint one of them.
    Matt,
    I have used Starline in various calibers and it's usually reasonably priced and of a good quality. I'm not saying we should pay through the nose. I'm too tight for that!
    Bob

GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

"ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Only $3.89/shot with buy it now. What a deal!
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=413000107
    Jack D
    Continuous annual NRA since ~1965

My home page: http://www.metalsmithpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    <-------been petitioning Starline for years...NO DICE YET I would gladly pay a premium for Starline 357MAX brass over the Rem stuff, but that is just me. The sad/weird thing is that Starline already has the basic tooling to make it, yet they do not. Some mysteries will never be solved I spose.
    This horse has been beast to death at least once on GBO. Does the fact that no one else will consider a run is that maybe Rem. still holds the legal name and isn't interested in leasing the name ??
    There might be a way and the answer may rest in Carson Reece.
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    For numerous years past reloaders were bugging Starline about 38-55 brass. It happened.
    I do not doubt that they listen to requests. When a certain caliber has more requests than all the rest it gets made first. It is about profits.
    So I will write. I would like to see Starline making caliber .357 Supermag. Sad that my .357 SM is the only DW SM revolver that cannot be fed Starline.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just sent Starline an email, requesting they start producing some.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    This horse has been beast to death at least once on GBO. Does the fact that no one else will consider a run is that maybe Rem. still holds the legal name and isn't interested in leasing the name ??
    There might be a way and the answer may rest in Carson Reece.

Well maybe we can get them to make a run of 357X1.6 Heck while they are at it maybe a run of 357X1.8 too.

Starline 360DW is available right now!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    Yeah, well the squeaky wheel gets the grease! I'm still going to pester Starline! Their brass is better than Remington. I did break down and ordered (backordered) 1000 pcs. of Rem. brass from Mid South. Remington is "supposed to" have a run in May, 2014.

GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Just sent Starline another e-mail requesting a run of .357 max brass. I did order some from MidSouth (backordered).

GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I have seen some ugly rumors floating around about Remington not making a run of 357max brass this year due to the high demand of there other products.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast