Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made auto-sizer.

Boolit Master

Yep I'll confirm my order now ,do you want a deposit?

Can you please repost your video link
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I'm in. I'll have full amount for sure by the first of June, I can pay most of it already.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Happy to be in this group.

Hold on to yah money guys, I want to finish each one, assemble it, video the "How Too" video, and make sure everything works fine.

Then I will pack one up, go to the post office and get solid quotes on shipping to each of you.
    Once I have that I will pm everyone with our bank details and you can just do a direct deposit that way..

SSG , give me a few days and I will post the video of the AS/2 version.
    It looks like the new model is lighter than the old one, but not as light as I would like, but in saying that the $20 extra in freight will be forgotten many years from now as the thing still spits out sized rounds.

first video is at .. http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Gre...tml?sort=3&o=6
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master

I'm in. I sent you a PM.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I'm in. I sent you a PM.

James
    Added to the list James..

Thank you. I was going to motorize it, and it could be easily done, but after using it and finding that it does 25 resizes in 30 seconds or less, I figured the nessesity of motorizing it was not a priority.
    If I fit this thing with a nose down boolit feeder, either from AA Alpha or a home made one, 100 sizes a couple of minutes would be easily obtained. So is it really nessesary to mechanize it after all?
    If you are going to stand there anyway why not automate the press? That will be less work than making a nose down bullet feeder that can never drop an inverted bullet (I have done both).

Moving the ram is the "dumb" part of the job, it would be a more efficient use of you to do the orientation of the bullet, that would require a more difficult to build device.
    Last edited by jmorris; 05-14-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Boolit Master

G'day mate! You know you have an accent?

I disagree that your sizing machine is nothing special. It works perfectly and that makes it very special in my view.

Why is the pin the hardest part to make? Is it heattreated? (I'd think not). You have a vertical mill?

Those 9mm cases with the ballooned primers.. Ok I see the bolt face with the counter-sunk firing pin hole. But why? What gun is it for?

Looked at all your pictures. Last carburetor I worked on was an Amal for a Triumph T100C that I rode in the 70s. Great motorcycle and never had a bit or problem with the Lucas electrics. The Steyr-Puch split single 175cc 2 stroke also used an Amal carb. One combustion area with two pistons, one master rod, one slave rod. Bet you never saw one.

Dutch
    Last edited by Dutchman; 05-14-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    G'day mate! You know you have an accent?

I disagree that your sizing machine is nothing special. It works perfectly and that makes it very special in my view.

Why is the pin the hardest part to make? Is it heattreated? (I'd think not). You have a vertical mill?

Those 9mm cases with the ballooned primers.. Ok I see the bolt face with the counter-sunk firing pin hole. But why? What gun is it for?

Looked at all your pictures. Last carburetor I worked on was an Amal for a Triumph T100C that I rode in the 70s. Great motorcycle and never had a bit or problem with the Lucas electrics. The Steyr-Puch split single 175cc 2 stroke also used an Amal carb. One combustion area with two pistons, one master rod, one slave rod. Bet you never saw one.

Dutch
    Hi Dutch, yes I have an Accent, but not an Australian one..

The pin is actually turned out of surplus bar stock , factory seconds, I bought a load of them years back from a suspension factory.
    These are turned up out of steel that originally was going to be front suspension strut bars for vehicles.
    The second thing that makes the pin harder is my lathe is a manual one and not CNC controlled, so its slowly slowly when machining parts like the pin.

And lastly , you are correct I have never seen what you describe.. maybe they were not sold down here??

Boolit Master

Mike I'm going to need two and a extra pin
    Thanks Bob
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Hi Dutch, yes I have an Accent, but not an Australian one..
    Yes, didn't think it was as Aussie as some I've heard. So where are you from? I am woefully ignorant of the possibilities.. New Zealand or South Africa?

my lathe is a manual one and not CNC controlled
    I have a Birmingham 12x36.

The Puch split single:
    http://physiology.usouthal.edu/restore/allstate.htm

http://www.way2speed.com/2013/05/spl...le-engine.html

AS/2 50% redesigned...

List is as follows

1/ SSG
    2/ pretzelxx
    3/ redwood
    4/ Finister101
    5/ SSG 2nd unit + Spare Pin.

Making this more compact is a bigger challenge then I first thought LOL, but its all coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Yes, didn't think it was as Aussie as some I've heard. So where are you from? I am woefully ignorant of the possibilities.. New Zealand or South Africa?
    Born in the S/E of England. Father was in the Army for 29 years, so all my life I moved from country to country every 3 years. Loved that life.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Gremlin460,

Brilliant, simply brilliant. I really like your design and want to commend you.

I don't own the Lee, but am currently working on coming up with a design to automate a Ballisti-Cast Mark VI lube sizer. If you don't mind, I'd like to flatter you by copying some significant parts of your design, as it would allow me to eliminate the semi-problematic manually operated feeder of the Mark VI as well as eliminating one motor and most all the timing controls I was considering. This would greatly reduce costs for the project.

I promise not to exactly copy, just the general concept of operating off of the punch mechanism (or in your case, the press mechanism). Thank you for posting.

Best Regards,

Dave

Make you a deal Dave, Next week I wont need the AS1 assembly as these compact ones are growing on me.
    Ill send you the old slide portion of the system in exchange for a bag of SS Pins.

Fair exchange no robbery my dad use to say.

That way you have the basic parts you require.

What say you sir?

Banned
    Mr Gremlin460

Just finished reading thru your thread. You made a nice simple machine that will provide many people easy cost effective sizing. I was not aware of the Lee bullet sizing kit before going thru this thread. I do have a question if I may. Can this setup be used to size say 9mm brass to do a full length re-size?

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Make you a deal Dave, Next week I wont need the AS1 assembly as these compact ones are growing on me.
    Ill send you the old slide portion of the system in exchange for a bag of SS Pins.

Fair exchange no robbery my dad use to say.

That way you have the basic parts you require.

What say you sir?
    Let me have the dimension of the pins and how many you'd like. I'm reasonably sure I can source them for you and would be glad to do it. I'll pm you with details once I find the pins.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    Let me have the dimension of the pins and how many you'd like. I'm reasonably sure I can source them for you and would be glad to do it. I'll pm you with details once I find the pins.
    Dave, these pins : http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...ing-media.html

and just the small bag, #5 I think they code it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Mr Gremlin460

Just finished reading thru your thread. You made a nice simple machine that will provide many people easy cost effective sizing. I was not aware of the Lee bullet sizing kit before going thru this thread. I do have a question if I may. Can this setup be used to size say 9mm brass to do a full length re-size?
    Sorry to say this particular setup only sizes cast boolits and not the cases.

Sorry to say this particular setup only sizes cast boolits and not the cases.
    But using the concept you have came up with it could. Add motor drive and collator, then the magma case master looks to be over priced by about $5000.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast