Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Home made auto-sizer.

Boolit Master
    Even if it messed up a few projectiles after the one that was upside down, does it really matter if it messes up a few afterwards? If you were to put a bit more of a bevel on the hole that feeds to the die so it lines up? i thought all it would do is to flatten the nose from the punch.

Jmorris - your design looks pretty simple, a hole saw and a piece of round nylon. I'd just make one for each projectile shape and have a mark so i know where it must line up every time i change it.

Boolit Man
    What do they costs for the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by SpotHound View Post
    What do they costs for the parts?
    All info required is in message #1 of this thread, as well as video's

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-Mod-for-AS-2
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

It seems there is another happy AS/2 owner, this time in Sydney. Go the Aussies

Boolit Master
    Every post i have seen about the AS/2 shows that the users love it, well done. Thankfully shipping down south wasn't too nasty.

Still working on my auto one, tinkering with the nylon slider, still having having issues with it not dropping reliably. Every so often it will hang up on the hole and lock the machine up. I have a plan to fix this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    Every post i have seen about the AS/2 shows that the users love it, well done. Thankfully shipping down south wasn't too nasty.
    No Shipping Damo drove up from Sydney to pick it up.. Win-win.

Boolit Master
    Nice, hopefully he will show his mates and you can sell even more.

Not interested in full time production, labour hours wise these are not profitable by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said 5 more being laid out , 1 has a new home 2 are being thought about....

Boolit Master
    I know what you mean, if i was to calculate how many hours things take me to do, I'd be working for only a few $ per hour. I do it because i enjoy it.

It's nice when these projects help fund other things, even if there really isn't much in it as profit.

I know what you mean, if i was to calculate how many hours things take me to do, I'd be working for only a few $ per hour. I do it because i enjoy it.

It's nice when these projects help fund other things, even if there really isn't much in it as profit.
    Are you going to show off your new creation? I think I am going to have to plan a vacation and come have a beer with you fellows.

Boolit Master
    Jmorris - you have that the wrong way around, the things you make are awesome

I still need to add a collator and flipper, hopefully this link will work: http://vid903.photobucket.com/albums...605_161049.mp4

I need to make sliders for each projectile length i think, but time will tell.

I still need to add a collator and flipper, hopefully this link will work: http://vid903.photobucket.com/albums...605_161049.mp4

Well if your using vise grips to hold stuff where it needs to be that deserves a few free beers from me (I do the same thing), let me know when you make it to Texas and I will have them cold.

Would be nice if we were all together building stuff (or just BS'ing), this forum is a wealth of knowledge over many decades of learning from the contributors, a few like gremlin460 actually actually have the energy to make a little money off of a good idea and help others out.

I am pretty much done once I figure it out for myself but always like better ideas.
    Last edited by jmorris; 06-09-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Boolit Master
    hahaha

You noticed that hey? :P

The plan is to cut a slot in the mounting plate and drill/tap the machine body to allow me to easily adjust the height, yet the vice grips are pretty easy to adjust too.

I'd love to take a trip to America, i got into shooting after we lost all the good stuff. Would be nice to have a play with something I'd never get to over here. A mad mate had his honeymoon in Vegas, he went to a gun range and shot some autos there.

Nice and simple, You will find that simular length projectiles will work in the same slide IF you put a taper on the back of the slide hole towards the feed tube. Anything with in 1/4" will work, more than that you will need either screw on shims or a whole new slide. Shims is easier, and the way I do rifle length casts on a pistol slide. Shim material is irrelevant.

And YES JM is way above my pay grade in the things he has built.

Boolit Master
    I like that idea, i'll have to play a little with it, see what is reliable for me.

So many projects are on the go, i just get lost in it all at times.

Boolit Buddy

Will you repost this video or link? It doesn't seem to work...

Boolit Bub
    The link works perfectly for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Nevermind, the link that showed up in the Tapatalk app was somehow different than the link I found by accessing castboolits from the web. The Web version worked, the Tapatalk version didn't...
    Last edited by 1845greyhounds; 06-10-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Gremlin I sent you a PM sir

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.D View Post
    Gremlin I sent you a PM sir
    yOU DID?

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast