WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made auto-sizer.

OK Guys listen up!. Another video coming up on fine tuning the AS/2. I put mine together today and it works like a charm, however I tweaked it here and there and once done Sized 400 for next weekend at the range.
    I got a PM today with a couple of questions, and it dawns on me, that although I can assemble and tweak these things with ease YOU guys may be a bit overwhelmed with it all.
    Also a small issue was raised about small projectiles that had not occurred to me as I don't load small.
    SO, to be fair and make life easy for you, I will make a *Tweak* Video this coming week.

IF any of you have has bits you found awkward to understand or work through let me know and I will cover all the fixes and adjustments you will find useful. 9mm and up will not be a problem, just when you get down to using the small slide and itty bitty boolits .

My sizer is staying purple, there is no decent Red available from local stores in the area. I did use Copper on the bridge and it dosent look too bad, meh , the casts don't care...
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Buddy
    Finally got around to finishing my assembly and setup. Have successfully sized 95g 380acp, 124g 9mm and 155g 40s&w. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwoode View Post
    Finally got around to finishing my assembly and setup. Have successfully sized 95g 380acp, 124g 9mm and 155g 40s&w. Works great.
    Well one happy guy at least... Two actually as I like mine as well, dunno if that counts..

SSG should have his by weeks end..

Boolit Master

I'm sure I will be happy with mine, it will just be a while before I give it a try. I am not in the least bit worried that I won't like it though. Heck I might even see if I can cobble up some kind of bullet feeder.

Nothing yet SSG??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Nothing yet SSG??
    NoSir not a word how does one trace a package from overseas?
    Mike I guess your shipping point might be able to do this? Who did you use for shipping?
    I'm not to good with this computer stuff myself
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Ok its the weekend here, Monday morning I knocking on the post office door.. and see what I can do from this end..

Boolit Buddy
    Any more fellow AS/2 users having as much fun with theirs as I am? Working slick as Teflon. Enjoy!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Ok its the weekend here, Monday morning I knocking on the post office door.. and see what I can do from this end..
    No need to knock on the door they got here yesterday afternoon box 2 of 2 has a large hole in the side, so I'll let you know as soon as I complete a inventory,if anything is missing??? They look great and the wife is very happy too with the small package you sent her.

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

OK compare contents of boxes to the video and let me know if anything is missing...

So Redwood is happy.... how are the rest of you going??

Boolit Buddy
    I have had good results sizing over 500 238gr 45cal @.451 and over 300 250gr 44cal @.329 in one short session.I also played with a few 40cal @.401. Now when my smaller, size dies come in, 225-358 the fun begins.

Boolit Buddy
    Mike, you still planning to stay with tube feeder or try something snazzier?

How's the *tweak* video coming? I hope you find time to do one on your hi-tek process as well.

Cheers, Arnell

The Tweak video is on hold momentarily, real live work has gone nuts this week, and I have had very little play time.. I have procured myself a 80:1 worm drive gearbox so I can have a shot at motorizing a sizer in the future, not a main project though, I find my AS/2 easy to use and I like the ability to "feel" how my casts size.
    Have you noticed that after sizing a few hundred, the next time you cast you are more critical of the casting process, simply because you know what the sizer will accept and what it will reject. So owning a AS/2 forces you to cast just that bit better.
    Also I have been rounding up stuff for SSG, the postal service lost some parts bags out of one of his boxes.. as you all know I used reinforced tape to try and make sure the boxes got there intact.. 5 out of 6 did.
    I have a roughed out design of a 200 cast "cassette" to allow 200 sizings before needing to reload. My biggest problem with it has been to come up with something that will take various sized pills. If we all just loaded 9mm , life would be much easier... I will speak more of the cassette project as it advances.

deviating slightly, I bought my wife a S&W 1911 out of the performance shop, so its a brand new pro series, chambered in 9mm. Yesterday we called past a little gun shop and bought 5k of primers. You know she never blinked as I ordered and paid for them, in fact she even had a smile on her face.
    I should have bought her the gun years ago!!!
    Last point, video on the HiTek coating, there are many around, some are a bit rough and could explain things a fraction better but hey they still get the point across. I use a different system to mix and meter the coating out, some like Ausglock meter by eye, and although I probably could do that too now, at the beginning I measured everything to get perfect "repeatability" and consistency from batch to batch.. but sure I can video the methology I use if you are interested to see it.

Boolit Master

We are interested to see it, your work and idea's are great,a couple years ago I got the wife a small 1911 Type I think it's called also in 9mm she shoots very well with it and now carries it she had the best score in her CCL class, now she loves the range, and I plan to get her into the casting and reloading so she can enjoy these too.I did PC with fishing lures for years not really tried it with boolits. I'm enjoying Ben's "Red" lube right now and it's back to 45/45/10 afterwards because I have about 10 pounds to use up.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 07-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Awww Hell here we go again..... Thanks to suggestions and questions from Redwoode, It looks like the AS/2 with a few mods will successfully work as a 9mm case de-bulger, if you are unlucky enough to get a load of glock cases for free..

I am investigating this more thouroughly in the next week and will see what can be done..

Boolit Buddy
    If 9mm luger is practical we'd also have 380acp as a bonus. Have already manually ran some of those cases through. What I have several 5gal pails of is local law enforcement glock bulged 40s&w. Clean, once fired indoor brass. A much taller case so I don't know if practical but sure would be nice. Please think on it too.

If I may I would like to ask a favor, would you guys be so kind as to list the diameter of the casts that you size. so if your mold drops 9mm casts at 359 or 360 please list that...

I am looking at a few ideas for a feeder and it would be really helpful to know specific sizes, I would not have a clue what a 32 or a 223 224 mold cast diameter is.. Even if someone listed thiers, please list what YOU specifically deal with... I t would help so much... and for those guys just reading this thread, if you cast please chip in with what sizes that you cast.. the more details I have, the better chance of success I will have..

Thanks in advance... Mike.

Boolit Buddy
    380acp drops .358 and 9mm drops .359 ww.

Hey guys, back again... been really busy last week but things have settled a bit... Bob not forgotten you, your missing parts are in a bag on the table, and a few things for Deb in there aswell.

I tore my oven to pieces on Sunday.. old house oven.. I took the element out of the grill and fitted in the base of the oven. Previous time from cold to 200c for coating was 17 mins.. now it is 5 3/4 mins... The PID arrived from ebay today and I finished the wiring a hour or so ago. I haven't coated any and tested new oven config because AJ my son is coming over tomorrow to do the video on HiTech coating and I can test it out then.

A company I filed a resquest for a quote on parts for the loader for the AS/2 got back to me today... they quoted almost telephone numbers to laser cut some parts... not going to happen. They can finance their new mortgage via someone else.

Need more cast sizes guys, especially the 223/224 casters....

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast