Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ideal twist rates for cast boolits vs. jacketed. Different? Why?

Banned
    Tim

I wish I could express my thoughts in the way that you can. Good on you and thank you.

signed,
    Sometimes one of the guilty parties whose opinions are strong and that lacks the skills to properly express himself via the written word.

Boolit Grand Master

Well then! I'm just going to get off here, and go get to work on your rifle.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Banned
    Castboolits may have just set a new record. A thread that basically got deleted from frustration before it ever even existed......all you can say at that point is WOW, just plain WOW.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    It has NOTHING to do with what I think of the threshold. Get past that.

It has EVERYTHING to do with making MY rifle shoot to the best of my ability. I don't care about twist of anything else. The gun is what it is. Period.

Why does this keep coming back to a theory?

My gun is NOT a theory, it is what it is.

I want to make it shoot well at high velocity, nothing more. My rifle does give a damn about theory.

Why is it so hard to understand that I am talking about ONE specific rifle and getting the most of it. I don't want to talk theory or what my rifle should have been.

One gun, one goal. Period.

Why is my asking for a discussion on making my rifle shoot to its best being confused with a discussion of a theory that has been rehashed so much?

The gun is what it is! The goal is what I made it! That is written in stone. Why discuss rpm theory to when the target velocity and the twist that Kreiger cut determine the rpm?

Why does this keep going back to rpm theory discussion? I have made it painfully clear I'm not interested in that at all. I want to talk about making my gun shoot better.

Dang Tim, it is so simple.
    When did this thread become about YOU and your gun ? We can have the exact same gun and yours will shoot different than mine...
    If I said I dont care about your gun , it means I dont care about anyone elses gun or whether they learn or not...I am at a loss for words as to your attitude here.
    Those who fail to learn from others who have worked on these problems are doomed to make the same mistakes .
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Grand Master

Then start attacking the variables. -Love Life

Therein lies the difficulty. When we learned to reload someone most likely told us that each rifle had a personality and was a law unto itself. That bit of wisdom isn't exactly true but it helped explain the nearly infinite number of variables involved in getting a rifle to shoot really well. Then we learned to cast and a our rifles developed a whole new "personality" with the new set of variables encountered when casting.
    We're dealing with physics here, not personalities. This could work but my head hurts after the first page. I'll have to check back later. Let me know what I can do to help.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Love Life
    For the love of dinosaurs!! STOP!! JUST STOP ALREADY!!!!

Lets discuss shooting. Nothing else.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I was never referencing THIS thread, I was speaking of the thread I desired.

Had you been included in the numerous PMs you might have known that.

This is a discussion that has spanned a few threads.
    But YOU are Talking in THIS Thread !!!
    Ray Charles could see that....
    Last edited by Mooseman; 04-23-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Grand Master
    Cleaned up THIS thread for ya
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567