Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a boolit caster and reloader when......

When you are not "allowed" to wear cargo shorts to the gun range.

I can't help but fill them up with range scrap. Those nasty little copper jackets always seem to hitch a ride in the washing machine.
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    You've purchased moulds for calibers you don't even own yet.
    I told my wife, "at least I haven't done that".

She proceeds to remind my last fall when I bought a mold for which I didn't own a firearm in that caliber! I must have the fever pretty bad if I supress the indulgences!
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    Your wife grabs a couple of YOUR ingots to hold the &%$## door open.
    At least she used em!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by ofreen View Post
    When you are shooting a semi-auto and you are more concerned about where your brass lands than where the bullet hits.
    That's me!!

Where tire shops are closed on Sundays, you can search their parking lot for wheel weights.

when your 2 car gatage is full of 1 mechanics tool box and casting /reloading stuff... now FULL i say....
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Quote Originally Posted by RobS View Post
    yes I used your kitchen towel and yes I will get out of your kitchen and stop using your cooking things.
    MY kitchen, not hers I don't ask for this old item, I just stick it in the corner with the rest waiting to go out into the Garage.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Master
    You know when you are a caster when you dig the lead wheel weights out of the tar slurry that was dumped at the end of your uncle's driveway, at his auto shop. A random piece of steel out of the dirt was able to dig three weights up. I contemplated on whether it was worth looking for a screwdriver to dig out the two battery cable ends. No, he doesn't have any old (new) wheel weights. I already saw those when I went in the supply room to get bolts for my transmission when we were reinstalling it. They haven't done tires for many years. Needless to say, that 60 pounds of new weights is now ingotized.

You just might be a caster (and really be a bit twisted) if you already have some of the best lube made loaded up in your LAM I, and am happy with it, but are still considering getting into powder coating. Cred works great, but any lube leaves residue in the workings of a gun. I have 3k factory 155 lswc bullets for my 40 pistol. I think they are alloyed with diamonds and have hard tar for lube, but I am already preparing to buy a mold for 40, and am considering PC for it. I still need to shoot my test boolits from another member here.

Last trip to the range, I was the last one out and started to pick lead in the dark, on the pistol berm. My coffee can was 25 yards away, so I filled up my right cargo pocket. By time I couldn't see anymore, I could hardly hold my shorts up.

Sometimes I think about going to the range just to pick lead.

I spend more time picking lead and brass than I do shooting.

When you think an AR rifle in 9mm would be fun and cheap to load for, but then you realize you can shoot 30 carbine, 30-30, or 30-06 for the same money as loading 9mm with factory made moly coated lead bullets.

You know your a realoader when someone complains about shooting up 9mm and 223 and the money it costs them, and then you tell them you didn't spend much on ammo for the day, after shooting a few hundred rounds of 30 cal rifle, 40 cal pistol, 45 colt and 460 mag pistol ammo.

You know your a caster when you could tell a fellow competitor that you beat them at lever action rifle while using their own bullets. What I did tell him was that I got my lead from that berm out there, when he asked what my source was. After I picked up targets, I grabbed a can and started picking lead. He said, "you weren't kidding." They picked up a few pieces but said they could hardly spot the bullets vs. rocks. I pick them out right away and can tell by feel and weight, as well as shape. Sometimes I think I can tell by smell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Djones View Post
    I told my wife, "at least I haven't done that".

She proceeds to remind my last fall when I bought a mold for which I didn't own a firearm in that caliber! I must have the fever pretty bad if I supress the indulgences!
    Yeah, I have a bunch of brass and die sets ready to go for a couple of calibers I'm waiting to get the gun for also.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

You can divide 7000 by almost any number from 55 to 500 easily

You want lead for birthday, fathers day, Christmas. Not anniversary!!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I carry my current "nicest" cast boolet in my pocket. Every day, part of my daily load-out. Pants don't feel right without it.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

A friend at the power plant I work at calls me at 4 pm..."I hear you are always looking for Lead. There are four 70# sheets of Lead that are scrap. If you can get them out of my building within the hour, they are yours. " I could hardly think of the logistics necessary to get them to the car, plus at 65, I had not been doing a lot of weight lifting. Heard myself saying..."you bet, I'll be there in 10 minutes".

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    How about sitting on a hospital bed watching the heart minister and trying to see if you can actually slow down your heart beat because you read in some shooting book that you should slow your breathing and heart rate and shoot between heart beats?
    Got it down to 59 beats per minute doing just exactly that.

or,

A ton of scrap wheelweights is a good start.

David
    Last edited by David2011; 06-11-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    You've purchased moulds for calibers you don't even own yet.
    Recently I did just that. I also bought 55 lbs of lead for the gun I do not own.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pb2au View Post
    When your house cat wanders into the living room with a 45 Colt case in its mouth, drops in front of you, and then demands that you throw it for him.
    I cant believe my cat hasnt done this yet! I would LMAO if she did....she follows me into the basement and drops her mouse at my feet when I am working at my reloading bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe504 View Post
    You can divide 7000 by almost any number from 55 to 500 easily
    Yep, that's the truth.

You build a propane furnace that allows you to ladle cast in January at 20 degrees below zero!

Eutectic

When you cast and load for a cartridge you don't even have a gun for simply because...Some day I might!

Boolit Grand Master

This thread is timeless. Love it. I guess I'm not as afflicted as others so I definitely have room for growth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast