RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Pride or Bragging rights shoot

Vendor Sponsor

Pride or Bragging rights shoot

This spring's postal shoot was a challenge for many with the harsh winter yet we still had a decent turn out.

There is a lot of fun to be had with these friendly shoots. It was mentioned we should have a "summer shoot" or a friendly competition for when the weather is warmer. I think a simple shoot for pride, or bragging rights might be just the ticket. No prizes, no mailing of targets, simply post a pic of your target, score it yourself and may the best shooter win.

Please feel free to post your suggestions here. Make it open for all calibers and all bullets so long as you swaged it yourself.

Feel free to post ideas as to any handicaps for using scrap brass vs. commercial jackets?

We could even have a separate pistol shoot.

Anything is possible here guys!

I have an idea for the next rifle caliber swaged bullet shoot. How about one 5 shot group and 5 targets with one bullet hole each for score. That would be 10 shots total and six targets. Just an idea, I'm up for any additional ideas.

I still have to complete the spring postal shoot. Always a bit more work hosting these things. A simple shoot with no prizes and score your own targets should certainly keep any work load down for any one individual.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy
    I think that separate contests for rifle and pistol would be good. If 100 people post targets in each class, it will still be a long thread. How about a .jpeg image of a trophy as the prize? ;^) Not sure about your suggestion for 6 targets vs 2. I am for KISS and would prefer the target used last time. In any case I am in for it in what ever form is chosen.

Boolit Master

Are you saying J4 jackets legal?
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Vendor Sponsor

J4s...... I suppose? Why not? Lets see what is possible from home made bullets.

I like the idea of a .jpeg image of a trophy with the winner's name on it or something.

Having 6 targets (5 with only one bullet hole) would make it easier to see just how accurate the shooting is IMOP. With only two targets and bullets made from quality commercial jackets the group size could get "very" small, like one hole. I would like to see 5 targets all with one hole in the center rather then one target with 5 shots that resemble one hole but again I'm up for suggestions.

I'm completely open to suggestions and ideas.....

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master

With the "huge" price of jpeg images, how about four trophies.
    It really would show what is possible.
    Classes for:
    Commerical jackets
    Jackets made from centerfire brass
    Jackets made from rimfire brass
    Jackets made from tubing
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Vendor Sponsor

would we expect much difference between rim fire jackets and center fire jackets?

maybe 3 categories? Commercial, Brass, Copper (tubing)? Trying to keep it fairly simple. Haven't seen to many of you out there making bullets from copper tubing yet.

Two categories for sure, simply commercial (J4, Sierra, RCE, etc.) and everything else (brass cases, copper tubing)?

Nothing says we can't have 4 categories. Totally up to you guys.

Keep the ideas coming, you guys can have just as much say in this as anyone else.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master

May be I'm off base, but some how thought centerfire cases might be a diffrent animal that the rimfire case, due to web thickness and location of primer indent.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Man
    I vote for 4 categories, commercial, rimfire, brass case and tubing. Each type has its own pro's and con's and should be displayed individually.

Boolit Buddy
    Do we need to include a category for swaged lead w/o jackets also? What about reformed bullets? Lump them in with commercial? Unless there are a whole lot of us I guess maybe the 5th category could be "other". One other thing to consider is that if we do too many categories there might only be one-two entering some. Given the casual nature of this one I would also be fine with defining/combining categories after the shooting starts. Are we over thinking it?

Any input from the pistol crowd?
    Last edited by Sitzme; 04-15-2014 at 12:40 AM.