RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Help. Name the mold this came from? 200gr SWC 45?

Boolit Mold

Help. Name the mold this came from? 200gr SWC 45?

Hi,
    I would like to start by saying hello!
    I had a account here a few yrs ago but lost that info so I started a new one.
    I have been casting and handloading for awhile now.
    I have been casting bullets for a number of different handgun calibers including 9,10,38,44,45 pretty much ever handgun I shoot. I love the hobbie and it keeps my shooting costs down as well. Any way to the topic. I ended up getting about 500 of these .45 cal 200 gr boolits, from a old guy I used to know who ran a booth at the gun shows. I have shoot these in several different 45ACPs and they all shot great with these loaded with 5.0gr of 231. Now I am down to my last 52 and need to find a mold that cast these bullets. I also run a 200SWC lee but it throws a boolit that is finicky about COL and I really just like the looks of these too lol. (Excuse for new mold)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Looks a lot like a Lyman 452460 to me.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/b...php?entryID=27

I like the Lee 200 SWC a lot. I don't even size mine. If you're wanting a SWC in that range that is a little less picky about seating depth, maybe an H&G 68 or clone would also give you what you need?

Boolit Master
    The Lyman 452460 and the RCBS 45-200 swc are nearly identical and both shoot well.

Boolit Master

Hello TxWhitetailHunter
    Welcome on your first posting

If you want a four cavity
    http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/771...semi-wadcutter

If you want a two cavity
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/583...semi-wadcutter

Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 04-13-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Mold
    It does look very similar to the RCBS.
    I don't size my 200s out of the Lee I have either.
    I like the clean holes the lee SWCs punch and the accuracy I get from them too. But those in question pretty much feed at all lengths from every pistol I have tried them in and they are touch more accurate too
    BTW Thanks for the help.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

and guess what...... it's also a SAECO 451

I have it SAECO and Lyman moulds

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ll=1#post50701

Now I feel old, my son is 13 and my daughter is 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    I WAS going to guess it's a Hensley & Gibbs #68. If you're looking for a really nice bullet for .45 ACP, consider the SAECO #58.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TxWhitetailHunter View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to start by saying hello!
    I had a account here a few yrs ago but lost that info so I started a new one.
    I have been casting and handloading for awhile now.
    I have been casting bullets for a number of different handgun calibers including 9,10,38,44,45 pretty much ever handgun I shoot. I love the hobbie and it keeps my shooting costs down as well. Any way to the topic. I ended up getting about 500 of these .45 cal 200 gr boolits, from a old guy I used to know who ran a booth at the gun shows. I have shoot these in several different 45ACPs and they all shot great with these loaded with 5.0gr of 231. Now I am down to my last 52 and need to find a mold that cast these bullets. I also run a 200SWC lee but it throws a boolit that is finicky about COL and I really just like the looks of these too lol. (Excuse for new mold)
    Most people seat a SWC a bit deeper than that. Normally with just a thumbnails width above the case mouth.

My favorite 45 ACP SWC mold is the RCBS 201-KT. It's not made any more though. After that the Lyman 452630. I've got well over a dozen 200 gr SWC molds for 45 ACP. I of course have an actual H&G 68 four cavity, along with other Saeco, RCBS, Lyman, Ohaus, and Lachmiller molds.

If you take into account ALL my 45 ACP swc molds, from 155 gr to 220 gr, I've got over two dozen. Two molds I've picked up recently and have yet to cast are Saeco #62 and #65. One of these days I'll find a #69 at a decent price!
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    and guess what...... it's also a SAECO 451

I have it SAECO and Lyman moulds

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ll=1#post50701

Now I feel old, my son is 13 and my daughter is 4.
    by the nose profile seaco would be my guess too.

Boolit Master

Yeah, it's one of the 200 grain SWC clones. They have about all worked for me in the M1911A1. The nose profile looks to be an RCBS from eyeball. I currently shoot a 452460 but have used the RCBS and H&G equivalent. You can't go wrong on one for the M1911s, IMO./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....