Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Rooster Jacket Comeback?

Boolit Grand Master

Rooster Jacket Comeback?

Midway says they'll have some in on 4/13 if anyone's interested.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Is this something my male chickens can wear?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Is this something my male chickens can wear?
    Only if they're wearing the matching socks.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Cocks with socks? Sounds like a Suess book to me
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Interesting ... thought it wasn't being made anymore ... http://www.roosterlabs.com/products.html
    Regards
    John

I've got some. Anybody have experience with it?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    I'm still looking for the matching socks.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

some of the paper patchers swear by it ( others may swear at it ) i use it for low pressure 38 and 45 acp loads with no problem ( and less aroma than anything with alox in it )
    the feller who did rooster's lubes retired , i believe at one time ( recently ) it was hinted at that he'd sell the various formulas and rights to produce some of their products ( I really miss their HVR ) they also made many "in house" formulas for other companies ( such as brass polish and various case lubes )
    midway states it's overdue but backorderable . it also has 12 reviews on midway - 11 of them at 5 stars and 1 at 4 stars (and that says more than i ever could )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Grand Master

I use it on my high volume, unsized match boolits. Drys hard and clean. Much nicer to work with than JPW/LLA mixes or straight LLA. That said, it isn't nearly as good a lube as JPW/LLA. I use two coats with complete satisfaction in .45 ACP at 172 PF and .38 Special at 143 PF.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Works fine absorbing into the wraps on PP rounds. Tried their 'tumble' lubing procedure on naked 22 LR bullets that I load with BP and 45 ACP's. The lube flaked off when it dried on both bullets. So back to heated paraffin tumble lubed for the 22's which sticks to the bullet and works very nicely and ALOX for the 45's
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Only if they're wearing the matching socks reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn

Bought some quite a while back to try as a replacement for the LLA mule-snot. The product description claims that it "dries to a clear, hard, glossy waterproof film" & generally received good reviews, but that was not my experience at all... I initially used it on some LeeTL401-175's for my .40S&W; 2 coats with no sizing at all, then into a storage container. As John Boy mentioned above, the lube turned all powdery & flaked off once dry; looked like they were completely covered in dandruff or something & felt kinda gritty to the touch. The one box of rounds I actually shot using this lube leaded my pistol horribly & I decided right there & then I wouldn't be using it for tumble lube any more. As far as I'm concerned, the only benefit over LLA is easier cleanup; the Rooster Jacket will cleanup with plain water whereas the LLA definitely will not. The only thing I use it for now are the paper patch loads I play with occasionally - it seems to work pretty well there, although I suspect a little diluted white glue would work about the same.

Boolit Master

Is this the same rooster that an old drunk I knew said he would roost on the foot of his bed and he wore a Stetson Hat ,had 100 dollar bill folded for a bowtie and set of cowboy spurs on his legs.Said he came for a visit when he was trying to dry out.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

I have used it with TL bullets in the .45 acp and .38 spl in pistol and rifle. It has worked very well for me on the TL bullets. The ACP's are running at 780-800 fps and the 158 TL at 1100 fps out of the rifle and 900 out of the handgun. It did not work well on non TL designs at those speeds.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Grand Master

The boolits I use it on are conventional designs. I don't like the Lee microband molds. They have never given me the results that I can obtain from conventional designs.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

I sometimes put a coat on over LLA.
    I guess "Like putting socks on a rooster" is a Texas thang.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had good luck with moderate speed pistol boolets. Will try it on modest speed rifle as I'am just getting back into lead after several years hiatus. The stuff looks, smells and feels like the commercial floor wax we used around the fire house. Frank C.