RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Silliest thing you've heard?

Boolit Master
    Just been thinking about the people that say that "You can`t kill nothing with a lead boolit".Just ask them what the dickens that the hide hunters were shooting in their "Big 50 Sharps"when they almost wiped out the American Bison.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by GMW View Post
    My wife and I are avid 18th century living history buffs. Most people ask if we are portray people from the North or South. I have to explain that the Civil War was fought in the 19th Century. At one French and Indian War event, during visitors day when the public comes in to see how people lived at that time, I had a middle aged woman ask me if my camp fire was real?
    we have a winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Dale in Louisiana View Post
    O
    Batteries are a great way to get high current. That's why they're used in automotive starting applications. Your standard car battery will put out several HUNDRED amps for plenty of time, long enough to turn a wedding ring or a box-end wrench incandescent.

My old M60A1 thank had six twelve-volt batteries hooked in series-parallel for 24 volts and a whole tub of current. We needed a lot of current to crank a 1780 cubic inch diesel over, especially after running all our turret loads all night with the engine off. I had a trainee ignore my instruction and short a pole to ground through a wedding band. Band vaporized. Finger (and trainee) gone.

dale in Louisiana
    I saw EXACTLY the same thing in a M551. We were in the motor pool and my buddy needed to pull and replace one of the batteries for some reason lost to time. Being an industrious sort he decided to pull all of them and clean out the battery box. He was absolutely certain he knew how to reconnect them. He lost a finger and every single battery post was a puddle of lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Silliest thing: "I'm a gun owner, but I vote democratic."
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    This is the clear winner.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    I must be a BSer then. Service numbers came up in a conversation a few years ago, a number I thought I would never forget but I did. I remember the MOS number, 3516 but don't even know what AFSC is.

Rick
    AFSC = Air Force Specialty Code, same function as Army MOS

Mine were AF25992884, AF18203301, FV3128105, and too many AFSC's to recount here.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Frog Lube.

Muzzle Loaders aren't accurate.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post

In Remembrance

Back in the day when our RCMP officers were good buds, our local detachment commander regaled us at the range with the following tale. He'd observed a smiling hunter dressed in red togs driving back to the city, and, being also the local game laws enforcer, pulled him over just on general principles. On being questioned as to his luck hunting, the hunter grinned hugely and told our pal in broken English he had bagged 15 pheasants!! (The bag limit was three cocks.) Oh, this our pal just had to see, and the ecstatic hunter wanted to proudly show them off. Opening the vehicle's trunk, he grandly displayed..........15 magpies. Our RCMP officer, a kindly chap, congratulated the hunter on his bag of entirely legal 'Manitoba Pheasants', and sent him on his way, still ecstatic.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Swaging is a dead art. I got a kick out of that!
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

and yes, SWAGING IS DEAD. don't believe me, try buying a swage die set from ANYONE. nobody is making them anymore and anyone who is making them has them on the back burner and they cost a small fortune.
    So many silly things in this quote. So no one is making them. But people that are making them have them on the back burner? We do know that they are expensive. But this is to be expected for what they are.

Boolit Buddy
    ok ive got 1, its not gun or hunting related whatsoever but here goes . I own a 2004 f 150 heritage 4x4 pickup truck and a few months ago my check engine light came on. now I have some mechanic experience and am pa state inspection license holder but no longer work as a mechanic I consider myself an advanced do it your selfer . anyhow I had some spare time on my hands 1 day and swung a local big chain parts store to get them to diagnose the prob . out comes this kid, couldn't have been 20 years old plugs his comp up in my dashboard and turns my ignition on .well when you 1st turn key on to start it like any other vehicle all the (idiot)lights in dash come on for a sec and go out after its running . he looks at me and says your 4x4 light came on so did your low range light you will have a low range code in your computer all these lights coming on in your dash will be codes stored in your computer . these trucks are junk you need to just get rid of this thing and he unhooks his computer from my dash . well I guess that means i'll have a fasten seatbelt code too cause that light also comes on for a sec and goes out. I don't feel this idiotic kid was qualified to drive a car let alone diagnose 1 . is this what our work force is coming to ? so anyhow, low range code stored in your computer is probably 1 of the silliest things ive heard . he never did diagnose the prob , it ended up just being a vacume leak.