MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Cast Boolit Engineering - new production

Cast Boolit Engineering - new production

Received my 'special order' 303 boolit mould today. It is a double mould with 2 different 303 cavities, a 314-190GC which has proven so accurate in a number of rifles and 314-220GC which will closely duplicate the old cupro-nickle shape for use in my 1902 long LE.

Having purchased over twenty CBE moulds through the years, the new management team have taken what was a very good product, and made them absolutely excellent. First impression was an attention to finish, thicker sprue plates, larger brass block size for more even heat distribution. I requested a double cavity with different boolit designs and a third alignment pin. These features were added for only a very modest fee above the standard mould price.

Casting day tomorrow!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Looks great. The new website is a delight to navigate compared to Jim's original.
    ars longa, vita brevis

I have a 314 220. It's a GREAT bullet. 41gr of H4350 ex the SMLE will duplicate Mk VI loads; 2050fps.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Rainy days are best spent boolit casting, so I spent some time casting and loading both types of projectiles for the 303. Very impressed with the big 220gn (RHS of pic) with its long bore riding parallel nose that just touches the top of lands in my Martini Enfields.

I weighed the pills on a set of Dillion electronic scales and found that using the same alloy, boolits from the new mould were within 0.1gn of the old mould that I bought about 15 years ago.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

I bought my second CBE Mould a couple of months ago, a 458400 Single Cavity. Within 2 days of placing my order the Mould was in the Post who delivered promptly for a change. It drops a 420 gr Bullet using COWW Alloy. Very impressed with the Mould. It will not be my last CBE Mould, a great Australian Product.

regards Jacko
    "To my deep mortification my father once said to me,'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."'

- Charles Darwin

Boolit Master

Always wondered if his products were available and able to be shipped to the US. Any of you boys know if that is the case - Or are we subject to import restrictions?
    Being human is not for sissies.

ADMIN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	411-190CNBB.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	102276

wonder if he does magma style molds...

Boolit Buddy
    Bad ***,
    After seeing numerous posts of yours regarding the Pedersoli Highwall in 38/55, I just had to get one. Well now that I have it, I see that P Jones no longer makes the mould that you have. Is there any chance of you sending CBE a bullet and him offering those ? I bet I'm not the only one who would buy one.

Boolit Master
    Another satisfied user of CBE molds here.

Boolit Master
    Square butte I do believe CBE moulds are able to be sent to States, I'm sure I have seen them mentioned in these pages.

Custom Mold Manufacturer

I'll send them anywhere I can! I call them "Brass Hand Tools".
    If you go to the new website, www.castbulletengineering.com.au and on the home page, select your country, then the whole website will be displayed in US dollars as well.
    We thought that might have been easier and more helpful for the US guys to see and buy in their own currency, we also have Canadian dollar, Euro, New Zealand dollar and the Great British pound listed.
    We send moulds pretty regularly to the USA.

At this point in time I'm not making any moulds for the casting machines, just hand casting moulds.

Custom work is not being done at the moment either, Sorry. It will be down the track a bit if I ever get caught up to make some cherries.
    I have a full time 5 day a week job as well as a small farm with a few hundred fruit trees, and I try to get to the range a day a month if I can.
    There is just not enough hours in the day (or night) at the moment, but I'm having a great time making moulds!!

Regards,
    David.

Boolit Master

Thank you Sir. I look forward to doing some business with you
    Being human is not for sissies.

I my experience those dang CBE moulds breed. I started with a pair and likes rabbits now there is a bundle of them.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.