RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My last day with Felix

Boolit Grand Master

My last day with Felix

I got up this morning and checked the site, then got myself together, kissed my wife and daughter goodbye, and started the 2+ hour drive for Fort Smith Arkansas to see my friend. Probably for the last time.
    I listened to loud music on the way (not my usual habit) and tried to think of other things as I drove. Tried not to think about facing a situation that I have never really faced before.
    As I drove, I thought about this place, and the things that have happened since I first logged on here and saw the cat running with the bomb who posted cryptic messages to people that was just beyond where their experience lies.
    I thought about the different personalities that we have here, and the motivations behind different members. I kept wondering "Why" Why are we here? Why does it matter? Why is cast boolits the way it is?

I found myself in Felix's town without coming to any conclusions. I phoned Nick and asked where to meet, and he told me to come by the house and come on in. A few minutes later I was walking into the living room and shaking hands with Nick. We swapped conversation about our jobs and caught up on what was happening in our separate worlds. I think we were both trying to keep from thinking about why we were both away from our jobs on a weekday.
    We decided to go to the hospital where Felix is staying, so we got in his car and went on over, navigated the parking lot, climbed the concrete steps, down the hall, up the elevator, and soon I was walking through a door that had a strip of paper next to it that read "Robins". There I saw the man himself propped up in the hospital bed. He recognized me and smiled broadly.
    I asked him how he was feeling, knowing the foolishness of that question. He just smiled in an understanding way and mumbled something, but he took my hand and told me how glad he was to see me.
    From that point forward, I found myself on the brink of tears, but Mrs. Robbins was an absolute rock, and gave strength to us boys and we managed to keep it together.
    I told Felix about all the people here who asked me to pass on their well wishes, and called their screen names. He recognized most of them.
    I volunteered to read him the replies to his final thread, and I was asked to please do so. I'm afraid I was reading too slow because I was having to pause often to brush off the deep emotion that was being inflamed by each heartfelt post there.
    Felix told me to give him the laptop so he could read it for himself. I set the computer in his lap and Nick and I stood on either side and helped him as best we could to navigate the thread. He read for a while and then wanted to see the pictures of the rifle I had done for him (the crazy Staff there wouldn't allow us to bring the gun up into his room, despite our implorations).
    After that, we decided to go to lunch at the fishhouse. We traded stories of Felix and guns, and shooting, then we went back.
    The next few hours were wonderful. Mrs. Robins got some sleep and so did Felix and us fellers talked about guns and shooting and boolits.
    Felix woke up and started getting in on the conversation as best he could. He is very week, and barely able to talk, but we hung on every word, like drops of water from a spigot in the middle of the desert, that once fed an entire oasis but soon will cease to even drip.
    Finally, it was time for me to go, and I shook Felix's hand for the last time. He charged me, he blessed me, then he said goodbye. Told me it's never easy to say goodbye. I mumbled something about never forgetting him, I shook his hand one more time....and I walked out of the room.
    I spent more time with the family, we had some wonderful conversations, and then I got in my truck and headed for home.
    I was thinking again on the way back about "Why".
    Why are we here? Why does it matter? Why is cast boolits the way it is?

This is why:
    Attachment 102097

It's not about faster boolits, better equipment, who's better than who, or what works and what doesn't.
    It's about family. It's about people, and doing right by your fellow man, because even if he's a stranger, if he likes to do things on his own, shoot cast boolits, and love his country, and the people in it, he's not so strange after all.
    Even to the very last conversation, Felix was trying to help me to be a better marksman and a better booliteer. I really don't think he cares as much about the boolits as he does about the guy holding the mold, and that's something we should all observe.
    From Felix: God bless every one of you!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dammit Tim, I keep tearing up enough already over this.

Felix has always been a true class act. I greatly appreciate you keeping us in the loop on this. You have proven what kind of man you are.

I only wish I had been able to meet Felix at some point.

Thanks Tim.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Galena Guru

well said , thanks for going in proxy for all of us who couldn't be there
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

In Remembrance

You were truly bless by your visit. Thank you for sharing. I will miss his posts and his advise. I have been prying for him and his family ever since I heard. God bless him and his family and Go bless you for sharing.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

In Remembrance

Thanks Tim.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for sharing your visit with us. Glad you had a safe trip.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HollandNut View Post
    well said , thanks for going in proxy for all of us who couldn't be there
    That's exactly what I intended to do. I told Felix how much you care for him, but the important thing is that he cares about you. Probably more.
    I'm still just asking myself why this is happening. Why do the good ones get the same amount of time or less than the others.....

Boolit Master

Thank you Tim for that post. You are so right about the most important element being the man holding the mold. We are a family here and I have been away for a bit but soon I will post as to why I have not been around much, for my trials and tribulations pale in comparison to the coming loss of Felix. I will make sure I say a prayer for him and his family as well as for this Family here. Felix will surely be missed by those of us who read his posts, and I am thankful for this place where a man like Felix's knowledge and in many ways his essence will be preserved.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Grand Master

I'm still just asking myself why this is happening. Why do the good ones get the same amount of time or less than the others..... Tim

A better question is how you can live as full a life as Felix has and pass on as much knowledge as he has. We know each day is a blessing but I too have known folks that I felt left us too soon, even though I know it's not for us to say when is "too soon".
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Thanks Tim. God bless you for your kindness.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing !! TIM !!

I tell very few this but sound like Felix is liking unto this saying I have:

I only know of a few people in this class. People that are not relatives or family, or that you are in love with. People that are wise and gentle and just have a way about them that is truthful and sincere, that you hate to see go. For you still have questions and would love to learn more, and look for there truthful wisdom in there reply. So much to still learn and like you are learning it with them as they teach you. They are not hard or stern in the way they talk. Every one like at I have met I was sadden by them passing. All were God children, and as his Son promised, we will all be remember and with him one day. Very very few in this class.

Bless you Tim for going to spend time with our mentor. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy (punchie) View Post
    Thanks for sharing !! TIM !!

I tell very few this but sound like Felix is liking unto this saying I have:

I only know of a few people in this class. People that are not relatives or family, or that you are in love with. People that are wise and gentle and just have a way about them that is truthful and sincere, that you hate to see go. For you still have questions and would love to learn more, and look for there truthful wisdom in there reply. So much to still learn and like you are learning it with them as they teach you. They are not hard or stern in the way they talk. Every one like at I have met I was sadden by them passing. All were God children, and as his Son promised, we will all be remember and with him one day. Very very few in this class.
    That pretty much sums it up.

Boolit Master

You did the right thing.
    Facta non verba

Banned

Tim,

Thank you for this, I cried when I saw the picture, I didn't reply to his thread... I just couldn't bare to think of him as gone. But so long as we continue to love eachother and help eachother Felix is never really gone.

At least thats how I see it.

God bless
    Joshua

Boolit Master
    Thank you for this.
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Master

Tim you proved your character by going to see Felix in our place and Felix has proven his character by his response to your presence. Thanks for doing a very hard thing for the right reason!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Thank you Tim. Well said, well done my friend.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Moderator Emeritus

Tim, Thanks for sharing.
    visits like that are tough...but mean so much.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

i didnt know felix.... just he was a fellow shooter ,yet i choke up and fight back the tears the friendship of this bunch of guys and gals sticking together in this old world ,,, thanks all for being there , i did post on felix thread because he is and will always be one of us.
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast